22 replies to this topic

longlife

longlife

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey everyone,

How well do you think this new eeepc will work with osx86? Tiger or Leopard....

Here are a couple reviews. The second one has all the specs for this.

Laptopmag Review

Tweaktown

I'm thinking of getting this from taiwan and i would love to have osx on it!

realer00

realer00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Eeepc 1000H has similiar hardware with Msi U100,U100 has been installed osx 10.5.2(4),and most of hardware are working well except Wifi,headphone and micphone,i think it will be the same with Eeepc 1000H,anyway you can wait and see other's post......
I have the same idea with you:)

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Had Tiger running on eee 900 - very sluggish!

moarfish

moarfish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Any updates about Leopard running on 1000H?

attaboy

attaboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Had Kalyway 10.5.2 running without audio/video support. Should be possible but I'm a Unix n00b so I could'nt install the right drivers. It was running surprisingly fast...

Anyway... you need a modified BIOS before you can install te Kalyway distro.

Anybody wants to help me?

attaboy

attaboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
And here's the video. It's very responsive.

My children are responsible for the ridiculus music in the background :)

atka

atka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Sure I'll give you a hand once I get OS X running on me 1000. I am installing with boot 132 and the retail DVD with a modified bios and so far the install is working. Once I figure out the sound and video I'll let you know if you already haven't.

attaboy

attaboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here's the link for the modified bios for the Asus eee pc 1000h:

http://osrom.net/biosmod/

Credits for this go to Kabyl!

seraph2048

seraph2048

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also trying out with 132 and retail. All seems to be fine. You have to use paul's kexts for video for the right resolution. No LAN/WLAN/and Sound so far. Oh and no touch pad either. I got keyboard working with the ACPI from 10.5.3. If anyone has any imputs let me know. I will setup a how-to once it's all done and all are working.

lupark

lupark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
just bought my 1000h, getting ready to install kalyway - looking forward to unburdening myself from M$

big up the OSX86 community!!!

JaceSTK

JaceSTK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Make my daughter growing and growing :)

Here's the link for the modified bios for the Asus eee pc 1000h:

http://osrom.net/biosmod/

Credits for this go to Kabyl!

Okay, I have tried Kaly 10.5.2 onto my EEEPC1000H and it hangs at boot. Should I use this rom?

mehtadone

mehtadone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its really annoying as the 1000 EEE does not accept 1000H or 901 modified bioses. ROMID is not compatible. And the only difference is the SSD hard drive!

How do I go about modifying the bios? I cannot seem to find out what I need to do.

Cheers.

thejameshimself

thejameshimself

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just got 10.5.1 it loaded on my 1000H. Boots ridiculously fast at the moment, but there's nothing on it.

I tried adding 1024x600 to the Graphics Mode but it looks like it's staying at 800x600.

steven_s

steven_s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :lol:

chestnut1969

chestnut1969

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :)

Give this a go
http://www.maceee.co...tml#comment-195

I have up and running 10.5.4 on eeepc 1000h apart from built in sound and LAN. For sound I use Bluetooth headphones which work just great (Sony DR-BT21G), which is an ok solution for me as I only use my eeepc-1000h with headphones.

Another quirk I have found is with Office 2008. The Microsoft auto updater does not work, to update office you have to download and install direct from the upgrade packages available from MS.

Cheers

dcipher

dcipher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have my 1000h running great with OS X 10.5.4 w/ no sound. Problem right now is youtube/flash based video freezes after a couple of seconds. I'm hoping/assuming this is due to missing sound drivers. When you use bluetooth headphones do you have this problem? Actually, if you can see if you have the problem without the headphones and then try with the headphones that would be great.

Thanks

chestnut1969

chestnut1969

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok, I've just tried with Youtube videos, and apart from some initial issues syncing the headphones. they play ok with no freezing.

Cheers

matou59

matou59

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Attaboy : where do you find audio drivers?

arno_

arno_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi

any help for using the boot 132 method on the 100h please ?! :P

i've juste received my eeepc, and ordered a retail version of leopard, but i have problems getting the right .iso to boot before using the retail dvd.

if someone would have got an .iso working for the 1000h... ;)

thanks a lot

arno

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :D

I tried to boot the 1000H using a usb disk with leopard installed (retail DVD with EFI 8) that works very well on the desktop pc, but it hangs, even if I use cpus=1 (I have not tried the modified bios yet). It should be possible to boot a vanilla kernel using cpus=1, or?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy