Will you buy it?

33 posts in this topic

I'll be getting it for my hack and macbook pro, Quicktime X and multicore improvements sound good. I don't have a problem with leo interface although Apple should make it easier to switch between programs that are running and closing the program window should exit it intead of having to press the apple+Q keys. Hopefully the new version of Safari will be a big improvement cuz the current release is a giant security hole.

Apple should make it easier to switch between programs that are running and closing the program window should exit it intead of having to press the apple+Q keys.

This is not going to change. It's not part of the OS X/Unix philosophy. The idea is that an application and a window are two different things, and are treated separately, unlike in windows, and that idle programs consume very little resources, so why would you want to quit them?

There is to much windows hating. Mac vs Windows...blah blah blah. They are just Os's, not religions. I treat them as tools in a toolbox. Did you throw away your flathead screwdriver when you bought a phillips head screwdriver? I happen to use both all the time, they both have pros and cons. There is nothing wrong with Vista, or XP. You try to build an OS that runs on any and every PC. Apple is lucky that they only have to deal with a small set of hardware.

Min Win is already in use. Stopy saying its not, Vista uses it right now.

SL looks like everyone said, a performance upgrade, so if its free or not i'll prolly get it since im using Tiger on my macbook still.

Windows 7 is a performance upgrade too, and its one hell of a performance upgrade. I installed it on my macbook in parallels, and its a LOT faster than vista. With the semi-new UI windows will have, and the performance increases they have atm, this version might be one of the best yet. (Although Vista x64 always was good, I ran it on a single core, and quad core and it always was faster than 32 bit, and even on the single core ran just as good as XP 32 bit did).

Congrats Chetzar, you have just proven that you haven't a clue what you are talking about!

While Microsoft announced MinWin back in 2003, they stated publicly that it did not make it into Vista and that the most recent incarnation that made it into Server 2008 in some minimal fashion was still not truly MinWin but instead a stripped down version of the Vista kernel.

Microsoft then proceeded to say that MinWin will be a complete redesign from the Vista kernel to be more resource efficient at the expense of backwards compatibility.

It was only then that Microsoft later announced that MinWin will not be ready for Windows 7, and would include a modified version of the Server 2008 kernel.

Please try to keep a little closer to the facts from now on rather than stating what you wish could be but sadly never made it's way into reality.

~Adrian

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am definitely planning on upgrading to Snow Leopard when it comes out. I am a big fan of Leopard, and I doubt the OSx86 community will have that hard a time rewriting SL to be Hack compatible.

All I am wondering about is whether the Snow Leopard users will be as rare as the animal :) . That wouldn't be too good...