Has anyone gotten an ECS G31T-M mobo to work?

81 posts in this topic

Which install did you follow?

I've duplicated the one I posted yesterday with another G31T-M7 Rev1.0 board using iAtkosv5.

Using a Celeron E1200 CPUand an ATI X1600XT were the only hardware differences in what I posted above. Both installs were done with the same options checked upon install (video card drivers fixed only after I'd successfully booted; that was the only thing I added post install and QE works as well). Everything worked as the first time ont the gate (Time Machine, sound, network...)

Did you try the 080731S.ROM BIOS and change the two BIOS options I listed above (assuming you followed my example?) without adding anything else to the equation?

You can fix the requiring the DVD upon boot by dropping into Single user mode and monkeying around, but every time I've done that, it doesn't quite work well. I've found myself clean installing again (I've not had to do that with any I've built on this board following the process I used).

I used the X86-universal-V2 install method and changed the 2 options in the bios but did not try the 080731S.rom. I'm not sure which "monkeying around" method I should use in single user mode but I did try re-installing Chameloen which made no difference. I'm assuming you want we to try this again in single user mode?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem, the iatkos dvd boots up but it hangs at the white screen with the apple logo. i flashed the bios using the 080731S.rom but still hanging at the white screen. used the -v to see the notes, that also hangs/stalls.

I flashed the bios from windows using afuwin, my bios version is correct when i checked it.

Here's my setup.

Samsung DVD writer - SATA mode

E8400 C2D 3.2 GHZ

2 Gig Ram

Nvidia 9600 GSO 768MB

ECS G31T M7

Did anyone have this problem & can offer a fix!

I am having a problem, the iatkos dvd boots up but it hangs at the white screen with the apple logo. i flashed the bios using the 080731S.rom but still hanging at the white screen. used the -v to see the notes, that also hangs/stalls.

I flashed the bios from windows using afuwin, my bios version is correct when i checked it.

Here's my setup.

Samsung DVD writer - SATA mode

E8400 C2D 3.2 GHZ

2 Gig Ram

Nvidia 9600 GSO 768MB

ECS G31T M7

Did anyone have this problem & can offer a fix!

At first glance, I'd say it's the NVidia card, since it's the only thing that's different from my setup.

So, if you can, try with another one and see if that changes anything, then work from there.

Apart from that, I'm not sure about your Mobo, mine is a G31T-M, you say yours is an M7.

Does anyone know the difference?

At first glance, I'd say it's the NVidia card, since it's the only thing that's different from my setup.

So, if you can, try with another one and see if that changes anything, then work from there.

Apart from that, I'm not sure about your Mobo, mine is a G31T-M, you say yours is an M7.

Does anyone know the difference?

The M7 has support for 533 DDR2 I thought. I've got several G31T-M's (one flashed with G31T-M7 BIOS) and one G31T-M7 (which is running Linux). The G31T-M flashed with the M7 BIOS is my hack experiment, and I had 10.5 running without the BIOS upgrade before.

Regarding the boot up issue, I've never done a build with a non ATI chipset card; I guess part of that is comfort with how I've done it in the past, plus I do have an actual Intel Mac.

I would give it a shot without the video card installed; just off of the Intel chipset.

I hope that helps!

I've gotten this board to work using iAtkos5 (10.5.5), with modified 7/31/08 BIOS as well as OEM latest BIOS from ECS.

If someone needs additional pointers (like my exact BIOS settings) just respond to the thread.

I also have the same ECS G31T-M and I flashed with the tweaked bios, changed the 2 settings in the BIOS, and booted from the IATKOS cd, and right after bootup I get the Kernel Panic.

My video is ATI Radeon HD2600.

I'm trying IDENEB right now but I haven't had any luck with this in the past either.

With the regular BIOS, non tweaked, I have tried every available kernel of every available version (Ideneb, IATKOS, IPC) and they all crash or freeze at different places.

Update: Using (basically) the settings from the guy above, I WAS able to get Ideneb installed and completely running. I didn't try ALC-662 audio, because the one other time I ever got this installed, I never got that running with the driver included on the installation package. I used Apple Azalia audio and it works ok, 2 channel audio.

I went and picked up the Belkin USB Wireless adapter that uses the RALINK 2870 chipset, those drivers worked great. It's kinda hard to setup the actual wireless network, but once I figured it out it's working with no problems.

This is with a Radeon HD2600 PCI-E video card.

I am running OsX86 off of a Maxtor USB Hard Drive. At boot up I just hit F11 to boot off the USB hard drive.

The only issue I have noticed is that when i browse the web with Itunes playing music, the music breaks up a little when the browser is busy.

If you look below, not once did I use the CPUS=1 option and everything worked fine, and below the OS is recognizing and using all four cores of my Q6600 CPU and all 4gb of my 800Mhz memory.

4641_1158455289439_1469487249_398663_7201564_n.jpg

4641_1158455249438_1469487249_398662_7028834_n.jpg

Hi.

I managed to install iAtkos using the correct bios, i used the wrong one. Just have couple of problems.

1. I clicked the Realtek network driver but it i cannot pick up my router, system profiler shows ethernet installed but i cannot pick up my router, any help!

2. When i click "about this mac" it doesnt show my correct c2d, it just shows the speed like 3ghz, no c2d. I have a E8400 C2D 3ghz

3. I am having problems installing Mac OSx 10.5.5 update, any help here?

One more thing, do you have to reinstall iatkos all the time to change patches or can you do it when its already installed.

Further updates on IDENEB 10.5.6:

Everything is working great except sound. I have a sound stuttering issue with the ALC662. I tried using both AppleAzalia and VoodooHDA and both do it. I tried a large number of BIOS settings with no luck. The weird thing is at one point last night when I was using the machine the audio worked fine, no stuttering at all.

I actually ordered a professional USB audio interface so I'm going to see if that does the trick.

Reminder, nothing worked until I flashed the BIOS from the other thread for the ECS board, and MAKE SURE you don't flash the wrong one. I made that mistake and it took me about 3 hours to figure out how to boot from a USB stick and flash back to the correct bios.

Hi, the iatkos worked for me but still having problems with the ethernet, i chose the realtek one but still cannot pick up my router!

Did anyone try the retail leopard dvd installation on the ecs g31t motherboard?

Hi, the iatkos worked for me but still having problems with the ethernet, i chose the realtek one but still cannot pick up my router!

No, but I tried software update to 10.5.7 and it wouldn't boot.

m2 is a card designed by ECS for Fujitsu-Siemens, the characteristics seem identical to the G31T-M1, although the layout looks like the G33T-M2 ...

In this site there are the technical specifications:

http://download.ts.fujitsu.com/WDB/FAQCont...;RN_FAQ=Search% 20result

however, I installed the iDeneb 10.5.6 and update to 10.5.7 using the vanilla 9.6 kernel, VoodooHDA for audio ... remains a problem, it only starts with the flag "CPUs = 2" then it does not uses 100% Core2Quad Q6600!

m2 is a card designed by ECS for Fujitsu-Siemens, the characteristics seem identical to the G31T-M1, although the layout looks like the G33T-M2 ...

however, I installed the iDeneb 10.5.6 and update to 10.5.7 using the vanilla 9.6 kernel, VoodooHDA for audio ... remains a problem, it only starts with the flag "CPUs = 2" then it does not uses 100% Core2Quad Q6600!

It's not gonna work unless you can flash the bios with the bios on the earlier pages. I had the same problem as you with Ideneb, it would only start for me with CPUS=1 until I flashed.

Try using that BIOS or post in the BIOS thread so that guy can modify your existing BIOS for you.

If yours has the same chipset, audio, memory speed, etc as mine I'd flash it with that modded BIOS. It worked for me.

Mine still won't sleep though...I'm not about to try and figure out why because I have a working installation right now. Screw it.

I have this motherboard and I just reinstalled 10.5.6 from the retail cd; it works fine. I used the instructions from this sticky.

No, but I tried software update to 10.5.7 and it wouldn't boot.

Then I updated to 10.5.7 and it works fine again. I basically followed these instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
Got mine working with Intel E4300 and a xfx 8400gs updates to 10.5.7 with no problems.

Only thing not working is mic in.

Used this guide http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.5#ECS

Thanks to everyone who posted it was a great help.

I also got IATKOS 10.5.7 working with no issues except it won't sleep or shutdown.

Does your installation shut down and sleep? If it does sleep, how did you get that working?

I also got IATKOS 10.5.7 working with no issues except it won't sleep or shutdown.

Does your installation shut down and sleep? If it does sleep, how did you get that working?

Yeh it does not sure how it just works.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant even get it that far, i'm stuck on the dreaded "16384 buffer headers" error, what BIOS settings did you use?

Once i have it working i will write up the details on the wiki.

Did you flash your BIOS with the correct one?

I have now yes, and its taken me past that error. I now get a blank screen (monitors turned off) after it loads, but at least its progress :( I assume that is more to do with my 8600GS than the MB.

One thing i have noticed with the new firmware, the fans are now jammed on. Anyone else get that?

I have now yes, and its taken me past that error. I now get a blank screen (monitors turned off) after it loads, but at least its progress :( I assume that is more to do with my 8600GS than the MB.

One thing i have noticed with the new firmware, the fans are now jammed on. Anyone else get that?

I don't use power control on the fans at all so mine are on all the time anyway. ATI HD series card works perfectly everytime, I have tried 10 different releases and it always works.

Anyone tried to update to 10.5.8?

I updated to 10.5.8 sucessfully with software update. Sleep never worked for me but shutdown/restart did. Now all three are broken, but it has nothing to do with the motherboard. There is a fix posted in the updates section which I haven't tried. Apparently it fixes the sleep/shutdown issues but it makes the processor run much hotter.

I also installed Vanilla Kernal IDENEB 10.5.7 sucessfully on another drive.