Battlefield 2 **Cider** On-line play?

SquithyX

107 posts in this topic

the game is working fine! but there is only 800x600 and 1024x768 resolution with the new config file! the online game still not working! i have valid CD-key but i dont have disk! so i'v did everething like is in the readme file exept “00000001.TMP” and “00000002.TMP” .

I'm having the same problem as danijel, i try to open the alias on the v5 package, and it says:

The alias "CD/DVD Files Here" could not be opened, because the original item could not be found.

Then it gives me options to "Fix Alias..." "Delete Alias" and "OK"

If i click fix alias, it makes me choose what the alias is for, and i dont know what its for. Help please

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem as danijel, i try to open the alias on the v5 package, and it says:

The alias "CD/DVD Files Here" could not be opened, because the original item could not be found.

Then it gives me options to "Fix Alias..." "Delete Alias" and "OK"

If i click fix alias, it makes me choose what the alias is for, and i dont know what its for. Help please

Ctrl-click those folders and choose "Get Info." From there, where it's labeled "Original:", you can see where the alias is supposed to lead. Mine said "/Volumes/Battlefield 2 Modern Combat Mac/Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/f_drive." To get there, ctrl-click the Battlfield 2 Modern Combat application, choose "Show Package Contents" and navigate to the "f_drive" folder. That's the folder those files go in.

But I can't get a server list to come up. I can log into EA and see my stats page, but no internet servers are loading.

Edit: Got online by direct connecting and finding servers via game-monitor.com. Not too inconvenient since BF2 on a mac alt-tabs way better than Windows.

• 4 weeks later...

Has everyone given up on getitng BF2 to work in OS X? :D

It doesn't work in Crossover Games so it seems like CIDER is our only option. I tried to do it in VMWare Fusion 2.0 but it was way laggy and had the same damn black texture glitch that CIDER had.

(edit) I mean getting it to work online. Who plays BF2 single player? Come on now :unsure:

thx! i was able to get everything working except for punkbuster is kicking me off after i join a pb server for approximately 3-5 seconds. error would say Unknown Windows API [131124] and one with the numbers [131152]. other than that i was able to get online search all servers and join them with my retail cd key. but cant stay in a game >.< if anyone knows the fix help me out

• 3 weeks later...

i have everything working but i cant add the files from my original dvd to the folder everything else is in place i get the splash screen then tells me to insert dvd i cant add the files as i have no idea what to alias them with was hopeing just to copy n paste em but that doesnt work any help would be great it would mean i could get rid of crappy windoze altogether as bf2 is all i use it for

• 2 weeks later...

hi! thanks fore the work!

BF2 is working fine to me online!

but there is a problem!

randomly the computer is kicking me to the desktop! the istat is showing 70-75C. some tims it can be after 5min of gaming! some times it can be 1hr of gaming. is there any solution?

MBP 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR

8600m GT 256mb

Got this error code while trying to run it. Any suggestions?

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM tgUpdate[535] tgUpdate:INIT (0x0)

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM tgUpdate[535] tgUpd:init

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM tgUpdate[535] Error 70000005

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM tgUpdate[535] tgUpdate:DEALLOC (0x0)

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM tgUpdate[535] Launching "/Users/notsure/Downloads/Battlefield 2 Modern Combat v5/Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.app/Contents/MacOS/cider" -psn &

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM com.apple.launchd[106] ([0x0-0x52052].com.transgaming.bf2[535]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 537 PPID 1 cider

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM com.apple.launchd[106] ([0x0-0x52052].com.transgaming.bf2[535]) Exited: Killed

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM cider[537] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

11/21/08 8:49:56 PM [0x0-0x52052].com.transgaming.bf2 2008-11-21 20:49:56.994 cider[537:10b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

11/21/08 8:49:57 PM cider_noui[548] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

11/21/08 8:49:57 PM [0x0-0x52052].com.transgaming.bf2 2008-11-21 20:49:57.532 cider_noui[548:10b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

11/21/08 8:50:10 PM [0x0-0x52052].com.transgaming.bf2 err:SDL:SDL_DoQuit(): destroying mutex

• 2 weeks later...

Well, unless we find a work-around for punkbuster, it is not going to be fixed. Here's a quote from a discussion I had with Even Balance:

"The BF2 Cider port is not an official port sanctioned by EA, and as such, we do not offer support for it. I'm sorry."

When I asked why they were able to fix the same exact problem for Battlefield 2142, they said:

"It's EA's game, so yes, it does matter if EA supports it or not. We were contracted by EA to support the Cider port for Battlefield 2142. We have not been for Battlefield 2, and until we are, we are not going to support a homebrew port. I'm sorry, but the answer is still no."

So much for that. :)

the istat is showing 70-75C.

MBP 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR

8600m GT 256mb

As for the overheating, it's a Macbook Pro. They have always had heat issues. I have the Core Duo 17" (2.16 GHz) and I send it back to Apple regularly for melted hardware. I should (and you should, too, if you're Macbook is overheating) get one of those laptop platforms that has fans blowing upwards. Those do an amazing job of keeping a constant airflow around the hotter parts of your Mac.

Got this error code while trying to run it. Any suggestions?

Where did you copy your BF2 game files from (i.e. another computer, bootcamp partition, VMWare/Parallels)?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, unless we find a work-around for punkbuster, it is not going to be fixed. Here's a quote from a discussion I had with Even Balance:

When I asked why they were able to fix the same exact problem for Battlefield 2142, they said:

So much for that. :)

As for the overheating, it's a Macbook Pro. They have always had heat issues. I have the Core Duo 17" (2.16 GHz) and I send it back to Apple regularly for melted hardware. I should (and you should, too, if you're Macbook is overheating) get one of those laptop platforms that has fans blowing upwards. Those do an amazing job of keeping a constant airflow around the hotter parts of your Mac.

75c is overheating? man im playing GTA4 with ~85c without any problems! and its normal fore 8600 video card to be untill ~100c!!!

look at the PC notebooks with 8600m 8700m 8800m! they are working at the same temperatures

Hi guys

thank you for your efforts, the game works fine for exept for the on-line play. Whatever I put in the Reg, doesen't seem to help. Is it possible that the game changes the encrypted serial everytime you start the game? I took it from windos with regedit, but still no chance. It says invalid cd-key....

anyone got an idea what im doing wrong?

:(

thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the v5(easy setup, thanks), the login screen loads, a warning about my Nvidia drivers needed to be updated pops up, close that, then I am able to Manage and retrive account, and log into the game.

When I exit or logout of the game, I cannot log back in, and I the video driver warning, but then I also receive a warning about an error sending on a socket, and I get sent back to the game login screen.

I cannot delete the profiles in the manage account screen, I get the socket error.

I can delete the preferences folder in the app/ contents, then retrieve account in the manage account screen, and play once more. But then the loop happens again.

Any ideas?

And what about Battlefield: Vietnam? I know everyone plays BF2 now, but my dream was always to run Battlefield Vietnam on Mac, even 5 years later :)

SquityX, do you think doing it gonna be much different than BF2? Or is it worth to try? :>

Hi I got everything working correctly except the online play. It kept saying that my cd key is invalid even after I put my valid one in. So I went to users> Library and deleted the battlefield folder. When I try to start it it now gives me this error: "DirectX version 9.0c or higher is required to run BF2. Please install DX9c and try again. I tried putting the folder back where it was and it still gave me the error message so I tried reinstalling it and it still does the same thing. How to I reinstall dx9 or get this to work please help!!!!!

There is a Battlefield: Vietnam Cider port on the Net already for about a year - check Torrents (Vortex maybe, don't remember for sure). I've tested it - it works but the game too old to be interesting now.

Thanks very much, I had never realised that the-most-unpopular BF got already his cider version... I will see if it will work with my original cd-key and how this **** punkbuster works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi!

Anyone could help me playing bf2 online? i have the same error some people mentioned here before "CD Key is invalid". Everything worked well beside this "little" thing. I also tried to enter the key without the x9392 but it didn't help :D

• 1 month later...

i think i might have found the solution for the online-play thing. What u need to do is before you put the program files into the V5 update update the punkbuster files on them so you dont get kicked... Dont try this with mac (i have tryed the mac PB updater and it doesnt work)

if u dont understand email: mastho@hotmail.co.uk

i can confirm this now works as i have just tried it because i kept getting kicked now i dont at all. i havnt been able to fix the wrong serial number thing though... any1 figuered that out? 

note: some servers let you on without the valid cd key, so pick your servers and remember them!!

HERE COMES VERSION 5!

[...]

I don't know how far or in which case the cd-key is related to your common PB kicks.

But ...

Also on your last install description which comes with v5 there's still one big fault;

The cd-key was stored in the registry as plain text as of v1.3 [if i remember right].

After it [v1.3 and any follow up's] the cd-key is stored as a hex-decimal hash-value.

The actually cd-key [as of v1.41 & 1.5 B2] only starts with the [here] often mentioned characters "x9392 ...", but is has nothing in it that's related to your plain cd-key.

Therefore is any information that says something like ...

The key is "x9392...". Just add your key after that sequence!

... just crappy. :D

And therefore [you could actually get it] you will be kicked via PunkBuster if you just added your key after that sequence - cause your cd-key isn't valid. :D

Don't get me wrong, but i just wanna help you. :)

The key is stored as the hash-value that is just computed from the real cd-key. ;)

And that one is at least ~450 characters long - it only starts with the value "x9392..." - that's all.

That's just i wanna let you know. ;)

PS: It's my first post after my re-registration ...

Was already registered nearly since the MacIntel-switch.

Dunno why i can't login to my former account. :blink:

In this sense

Smartcom