• Please log in to reply
2377 replies to this topic

DJLunacy

DJLunacy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Post a screenshot of that window .. maybe !

Here are two screenshots one for each card. If you need any other info I'll be glad to help.

Thanks

Attached Files

m16

m16

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
This is unneeded for me with my Radeon 2600XT... going from working on 10.5.1 kaly to working on 10.5.3 kaly nothing changed other then running kalyways comboupdate

edit: upon installing these I can actually shut down... for some reason the previous natit didn't let me shut down...

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:netadmin of osx86.hu irc network for the past few years

Here are two screenshots one for each card. If you need any other info I'll be glad to help.Thanks

Interesting hmm I need more feedback from ATI Radeon HD 2400 pcie users

miliuco

miliuco

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 396 posts
Working great on HD 2600XT 256 PCIe in 10.5.3!

Thank's !

analoghell

analoghell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have the same issue. Dual 0x9588 cards are detected. The 2nd card shows up with only 256Mb memory and doesn't detect any connected monitors - neither DVI or VGA.

As there anyway to force monitor detection? I really want me 3rd screen back and then i'll be 100% happy in mac land!.

ac

Here are two screenshots one for each card. If you need any other info I'll be glad to help.

Thanks

DJLunacy

DJLunacy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hello,

I have the same issue. Dual 0x9588 cards are detected. The 2nd card shows up with only 256Mb memory and doesn't detect any connected monitors - neither DVI or VGA.

As there anyway to force monitor detection? I really want me 3rd screen back and then i'll be 100% happy in mac land!.

ac

I'm glad i'm not the only one in the boat, hopefully the driver masters can save us :wacko:

I really would love 3 monitors in logic.

nekton

nekton

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Do we still need the ATIinject.kext and the ATIRNDRV.kext after the HD 2600XT package is installed, because this seems to install the natit.kext and ATINDRV.kext?

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Do we still need the ATIinject.kext and the ATIRNDRV.kext after the HD 2600XT package is installed, because this seems to install the natit.kext and ATINDRV.kext?

No for atiinject just natit

kazzi

kazzi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I can be the tester for Mobility 2400.

darksides

darksides

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I would try and help in this adventure about mobility radeon 2600 xt but I have one big trouble.
How can I try your drivers with non useful display since mine is unreadable after install?
I don't have many practice with leo.

thaks
:-)

downlord

downlord

InsanelyMac Greek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Worked for me with Pacifist install on Sapphire HD3850, 256MB (thanks lastExile) after the kalyway 10.5.3
update package (on Leo4all v3.). Some strange behaviour with old 9.2.2 kernels but after a 9.3.0 vanilla reinstall,
I had no more troubles.
Anyway no performance improvements according to geekbench over 10.5.2.

frauhottelmann

frauhottelmann

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I would test kexts for Mobility Radeon 2600xt, too. I hope we get this running soon, because I really need QE. PM me if you need me.

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

deviouster

deviouster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Guitar. Computers.
Any chance of getting a Radeon 2600 HD Pro PCIe 512mb package install for Tiger with QE support? It's pretty laggy at times without quartz extreme.

You helped me out on IRC before, my name was DEvious or Deviouster. I just need a way to get QE with my 2600. If you coud tell me how even without a package, that'd be great.. I've searched and searched! I just can't get it

edit: It's almost unbearable.

Also, do you know the device ID for my card? like I saiud, its an ATI (Sapphire) radeon 2600 hd PRO PCI-express 512mb, DDR2 card. I just need quartz extreme, I'll do anything

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Will post Tiger Drivers very soon

deviouster

deviouster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Guitar. Computers.

Will post Tiger Drivers very soon

I'm sorry for being an annoyance, but how soon? A few hours? I'm going crazy here without any QE.. can you PM me and tell me how to do it without you making a package or can I talk to you on IRC or something? again, I apologize, I just have been searching for hours nad Iknow you know how to do it.

K-Gun

K-Gun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Glad to say this is WORKING on my 2400 Pro

I've got iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2
Vanilla 9.2.0 kernel
Didn't install any vid drivers upon install

My card is actually an HD 2400 XT but I flashed the BIOS with that of a 2400 Pro in an attempt to get it working with another driver. I rm'd ALL filed beginning with ATIR* in /system/library/extensions and ran the pkg installer above, rebooted and now I've got a nice display and QE/CI are enabled. I'm using the DVI->VGA adapter.
I'll try the DVU alone in a bit.I'll also flash my vid card bios back with the original to see if this works with the XT also.

[edit]
Upon re-flashing with my old 2400 XT bios and re-installing 2400 XT drivers from pkg installer, I get a garbled screen on bootup. I'm sticking with the 2400 Pro bios and drivers.

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Glad to say this is WORKING on my 2400 Pro

I've got iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2
Vanilla 9.2.0 kernel
Didn't install any vid drivers upon install

My card is actually an HD 2400 XT but I flashed the BIOS with that of a 2400 Pro in an attempt to get it working with another driver. I rm'd ALL filed beginning with ATIR* in /system/library/extensions and ran the pkg installer above, rebooted and now I've got a nice display and QE/CI are enabled. I'm using the DVI->VGA adapter.
I'll try the DVU alone in a bit.I'll also flash my vid card bios back with the original to see if this works with the XT also.

[edit]
Upon re-flashing with my old 2400 XT bios and re-installing 2400 XT drivers from pkg installer, I get a garbled screen on bootup. I'm sticking with the 2400 Pro bios and drivers.

What kinda a screen ? Disco screen, grey screen with stripes or colorful dots in a striped with a black background ?

Shmell

Shmell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Driver hd3650 normally worked under 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 under it installs, but when open the context menu - not visible menu items - all white.

nekton

nekton

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Think I bought a dead 2600XT (512MB)zip, nada, bupkiss.
Not even a BIOS screen.
Gonna take it back next weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy