ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have the same issue. Dual 0x9588 cards are detected. The 2nd card shows up with only 256Mb memory and doesn't detect any connected monitors - neither DVI or VGA.

As there anyway to force monitor detection? I really want me 3rd screen back and then i'll be 100% happy in mac land!.

ac

I'm glad i'm not the only one in the boat, hopefully the driver masters can save us :wacko:

I really would love 3 monitors in logic.

Do we still need the ATIinject.kext and the ATIRNDRV.kext after the HD 2600XT package is installed, because this seems to install the natit.kext and ATINDRV.kext?

No for atiinject just natit

I would try and help in this adventure about mobility radeon 2600 xt but I have one big trouble.

How can I try your drivers with non useful display since mine is unreadable after install?

I don't have many practice with leo.

thaks

:-)

Worked for me with Pacifist install on Sapphire HD3850, 256MB (thanks lastExile) after the kalyway 10.5.3

update package (on Leo4all v3.). Some strange behaviour with old 9.2.2 kernels but after a 9.3.0 vanilla reinstall,

I had no more troubles.

Anyway no performance improvements according to geekbench over 10.5.2.

Any chance of getting a Radeon 2600 HD Pro PCIe 512mb package install for Tiger with QE support? It's pretty laggy at times without quartz extreme.

You helped me out on IRC before, my name was DEvious or Deviouster. I just need a way to get QE with my 2600. If you coud tell me how even without a package, that'd be great.. I've searched and searched! I just can't get it

edit: It's almost unbearable.

Also, do you know the device ID for my card? like I saiud, its an ATI (Sapphire) radeon 2600 hd PRO PCI-express 512mb, DDR2 card. I just need quartz extreme, I'll do anything

Will post Tiger Drivers very soon

I'm sorry for being an annoyance, but how soon? A few hours? I'm going crazy here without any QE.. can you PM me and tell me how to do it without you making a package or can I talk to you on IRC or something? again, I apologize, I just have been searching for hours nad Iknow you know how to do it.

Glad to say this is WORKING on my 2400 Pro

I've got iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2

Vanilla 9.2.0 kernel

Didn't install any vid drivers upon install

My card is actually an HD 2400 XT but I flashed the BIOS with that of a 2400 Pro in an attempt to get it working with another driver. I rm'd ALL filed beginning with ATIR* in /system/library/extensions and ran the pkg installer above, rebooted and now I've got a nice display and QE/CI are enabled. I'm using the DVI->VGA adapter.

I'll try the DVU alone in a bit.I'll also flash my vid card bios back with the original to see if this works with the XT also.

[edit]

Upon re-flashing with my old 2400 XT bios and re-installing 2400 XT drivers from pkg installer, I get a garbled screen on bootup. I'm sticking with the 2400 Pro bios and drivers.

Glad to say this is WORKING on my 2400 Pro

I've got iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2

Vanilla 9.2.0 kernel

Didn't install any vid drivers upon install

My card is actually an HD 2400 XT but I flashed the BIOS with that of a 2400 Pro in an attempt to get it working with another driver. I rm'd ALL filed beginning with ATIR* in /system/library/extensions and ran the pkg installer above, rebooted and now I've got a nice display and QE/CI are enabled. I'm using the DVI->VGA adapter.

I'll try the DVU alone in a bit.I'll also flash my vid card bios back with the original to see if this works with the XT also.

[edit]

Upon re-flashing with my old 2400 XT bios and re-installing 2400 XT drivers from pkg installer, I get a garbled screen on bootup. I'm sticking with the 2400 Pro bios and drivers.

What kinda a screen ? Disco screen, grey screen with stripes or colorful dots in a striped with a black background ?

Tested the last pack with Mobility 2400 (94c9)

Both pro and xt version are not working. The internal monitor doesn't work (as always) and the external with DVI show invalid mode.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c3

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

FHD2400:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

------------

DVI still not working...

lastexile,

You provided a driver pkg to me on irc a few days back for my HD 3850 512mb and it worked!!!!! I'm not sure if it's the current one uploaded on this page, but mine was titled "ATI Radeon HD 3850 10.5.x" and came bundled with the leopardgraphicsupdate 1.0. btw, this is the ONLY driver that has worked for my HD 3850.

I have full dual monitor displays working with QE/CI and full resolution support on my two samsung DVI monitors.

THANK YOU!

now on to ethernet and audio...

lastexile,

You provided a driver pkg to me on irc a few days back for my HD 3850 512mb and it worked!!!!! I'm not sure if it's the current one uploaded on this page, but mine was titled "ATI Radeon HD 3850 10.5.x" and came bundled with the leopardgraphicsupdate 1.0. btw, this is the ONLY driver that has worked for my HD 3850.

I have full dual monitor displays working with QE/CI and full resolution support on my two samsung DVI monitors.

THANK YOU!

now on to ethernet and audio...

I posted the same one on the first page on update: ) making some testing pkgs