[HOW TO] Install Darwine on 10.4.5

johnniecarcinogen

90 posts in this topic

dilnalomo, Its been a few months since i submited this guide but perhaps you need to do step 4 again (in the first post) and then run winecfg. If you reboot before you configure wine after doing step 4, step 4 becomes moot because it is in the 'temp dir' (which gets wiped clean every boot on OS X).

I am not sure if darwine has changed since its been updated.

net64852, you can download xcode for free off the web. if you need an older gcc try this http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...4540&mode=print

i'm sorry but i can't :) i'm confused

I have a problem opening files.

here's the log:

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.

Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.

Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/Applications/Darwine/WineHelper.app/Contents/Resources', starting in the Windows directory.

wine: cannot find '/Applications/Darwine/Sample WineLib Applications/clock.exe'

please help!

dilnalomo, Its been a few months since i submited this guide but perhaps you need to do step 4 again (in the first post) and then run winecfg. If you reboot before you configure wine after doing step 4, step 4 becomes moot because it is in the 'temp dir' (which gets wiped clean every boot on OS X).

I am not sure if darwine has changed since its been updated.

net64852, you can download xcode for free off the web. if you need an older gcc try this http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...4540&mode=print

my OSX is 10.4.6, is that the problem?

wine: creating configuration directory '/Users/Whitefeather/.wine'...

/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bin/wineprefixcreate: line 171: wine: command not found

wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/Users/Whitefeather/.wine'.

this is what i get in terminal after step 3. Am i supposed to get this? When I try to run a program in winehelper it says ...

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 129 (Apple-DRI)

Minor opcode of failed request: 2 ()

Value in failed request: 0x57

Serial number of failed request: 13420

Current serial number in output stream: 13420

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/Whitefeather/.wine-988Iru/system.reg : No such file or directory

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/Whitefeather/.wine-988Iru/userdef.reg : No such file or directory

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/Whitefeather/.wine-988Iru/user.reg : No such file or directory

Alot of people have been getting errors lately so I tried running Darwine on a fresh 10.4.6 install and I got them too. Something is not working right but I spent all after noon comming up with the above post. Please let me know if it works for you and I'll change the first post.

EDIT: fixed a bad link to my download.

• 2 weeks later...
wine: creating configuration directory '/Users/Whitefeather/.wine'...

/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bin/wineprefixcreate: line 171: wine: command not found

this is what i get in terminal after step 3. Am i supposed to get this? When I try to run a program in winehelper it says ...

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 129 (Apple-DRI)

Minor opcode of failed request: 2 ()

Value in failed request: 0x57

Serial number of failed request: 13420

Current serial number in output stream: 13420

I get this same error any ideas?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...