theStevo 4.5 Patch Released

thestevo

90 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good, I try download TheStevo 4.5 and I can not download bittorent that there are no seeds.

Someone can go up to rapidshare or Megaupload? Thank you.

I also wanted to comment on my situation with my machine ....

I have a motherboard 4coredual VSTA, a graphics card with Nvidia 8500GT, 2 SATA 160 gb.

When I install Kalyway 10.5.1 with TheStevo 4.0 takes a long time to ignite, about 3 minutes, and I can not configure the target graphic

With this patch resolved my problems?

I think one of the problems is the SATA, and I will try to put an IDE hard drive, to see if something improves.

Thanks for your help.

P.D. VSTA works with some other distribution? Should, Toth ..

• 5 weeks later...

hi all,

first of all I want to say I didn't experience any problems using this patch on the kalyway 10.5.2 cd and installing on my 775Dual-VSTA board with SATA drive and everything

also, I first installed windows xp on the first portion of my partitioned hard drive, then Leo on the second part of the drive and I'm dual booting no problem.

for help on using graphics with full capability and everything, try installing without selecting video drivers and then follow this tutorial (for NVidia cards:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=111072

using NVCAP values as explained here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103549

worked for me, except I didn't get the TV out working yet

I'm also experiencing ethernet drops but I'm beginning to think this is a kernel issue with either Leo itself or - more likely - the sleep kernel i used (which is, incidentally, the only kernel I can use without boot problems)

The error message I get in the logs is
kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is xxxxxx, dirty_tx is xxxxxx, queue len is 124

weird thing is that it also happens when I install the drivers for my wifi pci card. it's working properly until it just locks down and gets a self-assigned IP. the only fix at that point is to reboot the system.

Can anyone confirm that these problems only occur with specific kernels or so?

Hopefully it will be fixed some time, but the only solution I found so far is to buy an ethernet to usb adapter from apple.

I must admit I don't know anything about kernels or issues with them so I might be completely wrong on the subject but it seems to me a kernel update might be a possible fix for this problem. I don't know how to contact anyone who can tell us more on this and I couldn't find anything on these forums either, so if anyone knows, please try to do so because this can help a lot of people I guess.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi, once patched and burnt, I don´t see any extra option in the "customize" menu (compared to the non-patched Kalyway 10.5.2), is that normal?

When I patch 10.5.1 with thestevo4.0 I do see the option "ASRock775DualVSTA" available...

Thanks!!

• 5 months later...

I almost gave up installing OSX on my 775DualVSTA...

Settings for install - grey screen, loading wheel, no smoking error.

[X] Additional Fonts

[X] Lang Translations

[-] Kernels

[x] kernel_9.2_sleep

[-]Graphics Drivers

[x] My ati driver

[ ] Audio Drivers

[ ] Network Drivers

[X] Mobo Drivers

[-] Thirds_Applications

[ ] SSE2_JAS1048...

[-] Patches

[-] Hardcoded_SMBIOS

[x] Lastnetkassmbios [not needed but recommended it says]

[x] theSteveo 4.5 Patch

[x] PCGenUSB_Fix

[x] Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

[x] TimeMachineFix

[ ] AMD Patches

--------------------------------

blue screen (never loaded welcome gui) after grey screen done loading

[ ] Additional Fonts

[X] Lang Translations

[-] Kernels

[x] kernel_9.2_sleep

[ ]Graphics Drivers [NONE SELECTED]

[ ] My ati driver [NOT SELECTED]

[ ] Audio Drivers

[ ] Network Drivers

[X] Mobo Drivers

[-] Thirds_Applications [defaults]

[ ] SSE2_JAS1048...

[-] Patches

[x] theSteveo 4.5 Patch

[x] PCGenUSB_Fix

[x] TimeMachineFix

[ ] AMD Patches

----------------------------------

Success - Sound, Network working

[ ] Additional Fonts

[ ] Lang Translations

[-] Kernels

[x] kernel_9.2_sleep

[ ]Graphics Drivers

[ ] Audio Drivers

[ ] Network Drivers

[ ] Mobo Drivers

[-] Thirds_Applications [defaults +kext7helper]

[ ] SSE2_JAS1048...

[-] Patches

[x] theSteveo 4.5 Patch

[x] PCGenUSB_Fix

[x] TimeMachineFix

[ ] AMD Patches

----------------------------------

Format between tries - trying now

[ ] Additional Fonts

[ ] Lang Translations

[-] Kernels

[x] kernel_9.2_sleep

[-]Graphics Drivers

[x] My ati driver

[ ] Audio Drivers

[ ] Network Drivers

[ ] Mobo Drivers

[-] Thirds_Applications [defaults +kext7helper]

[ ] SSE2_JAS1048...

[-] Patches

[x] theSteveo 4.5 Patch

[x] PCGenUSB_Fix

[x] TimeMachineFix

[ ] AMD Patches

Only issue is the previously described network bug (breaks after first reboot, need to fix kexts [haven't tried but assume it works].

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ciao Luca!

it looks like you have a disk driver loading problem "IOATA..."

A hint for everybody: write in your signature your hardware devices, such as mobo, graphics, audio, kind of disk(s) ATA/SATA, network card, etc.

It would make easier any reply to panic issues

So, I may only add a few generic hints:

- sometimes, depending on the setup disk you're using, there are limitations to get a succesful installation by only using a SATA CD/DVD drive or SATA HDD (some other works easier on ATA)

- Always make a first boot with -f flag, to load all the drivers, or -x -v

- see if there are specific threads with your mobo or controller driver. It helps a lot or let you understand what to do.

- since I've installed several OsX from 10.4 to current 10.6.2 SL, and many 10.5 releases, I would suggest to use 10.5.6 iPC (very easy, a lot of embedded drivers and kernels) or iDeneb and iAtkos 10.5.7 and 10.5.8. I've found those distros more updated in terms of drivers and patces.

- don't even think to get it done with a single setup disk, it's easier to try more than one.

- good luck

CIAOOO!

Ciao,

Thank you very much for you help. I was able to install kalyway after checking my ide configuration and placing my dvd drive in secondary master channel.

After that i tried to update with ideneb combo but it doesn't boot...

• 3 years later...

hi

no need to send your request on each topic who talk about thestevo patch

and besides, this topic has been dead for some time as all others who talk about this patch

you have the best time to buy a motherboard more compatible and cheap, you have all the info here on the forum and you can also use OSx86 Wiki too for that.

cordially, staff

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, I have good news for anyone who is a holder of 775Dual-VSTA motherboard and want to put Kalyway 10.5.1 / 2 or 3.

I managed to regain all theStevo Patch for this motherboard.
Who wants to get a theStevo 4.0 or 4.5 Patch for the 775Dual-VSTA, TPB has to go on and search for "theStevo Patch". Or if the link is dead send me a PM.

I have a problem with these patches.
I tried to install "Kalyway 10.5.1 with theStevo 4.0 Patch" and "Kalyway 10.5.2 with theStevo 4.5 Patch" and both give me the same problem:

At the end of the installation, when the PC is restarted, at the time that Darwin is loading the data, the computer shuts down and restarts and does the same problem indefinitely. By the time the PC restarts the hhd seems that suddenly stop loading and then the PC will restart.

Can someone help me understand what's the problem? I put the components of my pc:

Motherboard: ASRock 775Dual-VSTA (last updated bios 3.10)
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz 64bit
1GB Ram: 2 banks DDR400 512MB of VDATA
Video Card: (RV250) ATI Radeon 9000 128mb
Hard Disk: (IDE) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 60GB ATA / 133