Not Moving Past "Do you Already own a MAC"

nearlythere

29 posts in this topic

Hi

I have used the Brazilmac iso and patch, had issues with Missing Operating System coming up, couldnt work or get the kalyway 3 apps (cannot find them). So I ran rd=disk1s1 and goes through to Welcome video in different languages, then goes to Do you Already own a MAC question, asking for country, keyboard and wether u want to transfer data from an old MAC. Obviously I select not to transfer data etc, hoping it would finalise and boot into Leopard, hangs for about 1 minute and goes back to the Welcome Video and starts the country, keyboard, Do u already own a MAC etc. This just continues no matter wot u select.

Is there anyway around this? Have read may have to install Tiger then Leopard, dont want to start all over again as happy to get to this stage. Anyone else had this problem and how did u get past it? Would have thought plenty of others would have the same problem, because we all followed the same install process.

Im so close but so far.............

Thanks in anticipation.....

Hi

I have used the Brazilmac iso and patch, had issues with Missing Operating System coming up, couldnt work or get the kalyway 3 apps (cannot find them). So I ran rd=disk1s1 and goes through to Welcome video in different languages, then goes to Do you Already own a MAC question, asking for country, keyboard and wether u want to transfer data from an old MAC. Obviously I select not to transfer data etc, hoping it would finalise and boot into Leopard, hangs for about 1 minute and goes back to the Welcome Video and starts the country, keyboard, Do u already own a MAC etc. This just continues no matter wot u select.

Is there anyway around this? Have read may have to install Tiger then Leopard, dont want to start all over again as happy to get to this stage. Anyone else had this problem and how did u get past it? Would have thought plenty of others would have the same problem, because we all followed the same install process.

Hi,

I had this problem too. Look like this is related to firewire or bluetooth.

My firewire and bluetooth was disabled in my bios because i don't use them.

After select do not to transfer data, it went back to the Welcome video.

After enabled back firewire and bluetooth in bios, it worked.

I had the same problem. I tried about 5 times to install and never got past this. Only solution i found was to install tiger first.

Thanks atae

So u had no probs installing leopard after first installing tiger?

What tiger image and what process do u follow to install tiger?

Can u use a normal tiger image or does it have to be a patched image like leopard?

Is there an easy to read process to install tiger

Thanks

vcab

I am using the supposdely latest post patch? So you just patched again with the older version of the post patch? Do you do the install again and then use the old post patch? Which post patch did u use, I will try the same one..........

Thanks heaps

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this, and I (think that I) know what is the problem: I have attansic network card (ASUS P5B SE) which is not supported; I'll get another card, but it would interesting to know if there is some way to circumvent these questions. Does anyone know how does the OS X init sequence works - is there an some rc script like in linux where we can remove the movie and wizard and skip to the login screen? Then we could boot from install DVD, reset roots password, login as root, create accounts, etc.

Anyone knows where the rc script is? Or is it launchd config file?

-- flere

I had this problem before and the only way for me was to upgrade from a 10.4.10 Tiger install, then I tried installing Leopard again from scratch but this time turning off the built-in LAN on my BIOS. Afterwhich, the Leopard install went through successfully. My mobo is an Intel D945GTPL, and the built-in LAN chip is an Intel 82573V/82574V Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

So, the above may help especially if your LAN controller is the same.

Hi

I had the same problem last Sunday installing Leopard on Acer TM3270. There is no options in BIOS to adjust. Therefore, what I did is connect an existing Tiger to the Leopard and then select transfer from another Volume on this mac. And it went thru the installation process. Everything is fine, except the built-in network and wireless. Also, no audio input.

I saw someone (thanks, man!) a suggesting to turn on disabled devices in bios. And I turned on my disabled parallel and serial ports and jmicron controller. Guess what: it worked. I went past the pages "do you", and "how do you connect to internet", created user account and that's it.

No idea why it worked. AFAIK apple hardware has no ports. Of all the weird stuff we have to do to run OS X on PC this is by far the weirdest.

-- flere

I found out that if you set the screen resolution too low, that post-installer application will be skipped completely.

Press F8 to get to the darwin boot prompt and add this to the boot options (include the quotes):

"Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

Obviously, I was using an old monitor when I did that installation.

..goes through to Welcome video in different languages, then goes to Do you Already own a MAC question, asking for country, keyboard and wether u want to transfer data from an old MAC.

..hangs for about 1 minute and goes back to the Welcome Video and starts the country, keyboard, Do u already own a MAC etc. This just continues no matter wot u select.

Is there anyway around this?

vcab

I am using the supposdely latest post patch? So you just patched again with the older version of the post patch? Do you do the install again and then use the old post patch? Which post patch did u use, I will try the same one..........

Thanks heaps

Yes. that was the problem for me and using the old patches work like a treat!

Be sure to get the edited ionetworkingfamily.kext from here to get time machine to work. I would to just repatch it then see what happends its better than waiting an hour for the install

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://rapidshare.com/files/71149707/Brazi...-Patch.zip.html

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all, I had the same problem, the solution is over here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78271

The solution is created by d4rkdev, but it is in Italian, I'll translate it for you:

For everybody who want to have Mac OS X86, but didn't get past the "Do You Already Own a Mac" screen. This is caused by the network card, the easiest solution is to buy a network card that works with Mac OSX (like one with the rtl8139 chipset), or just follow the guide.

1. Press F8 when you see the Darwin boot screen.

2. As a boot option you write (to get in single user mode):

-s

3. When your computer is done loading and you are at the root, you enter this:

/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):

/sbin/mount -uw /

6. Now choose a password for your root account. So you type:

passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):

touch /Volumes/NAME!/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

9. And that was everything. Lets see if it works, enter:

reboot

10. Login with the name "root" and your choosen password (case sensitive).

Edit

{censored}, I just saw that somebody already translated it in the original topic... Ah well :D, good luck with it, maybe you find Khael's translation easier:

1) during boot press f8

2) at promt boot write: -s (to enter in single user mode)

3) when all is ready, go to promt root and write this: /sbin/fsck -fy (enter)

4) When is finished you will receive this message:"File system was modified."

5) unmount all :) write on promt : /sbin/mount -uw / (enter)

6) now set your root password, on prompt wirte: passwd root (enter)

7) now the system will ask you to insert the new password, insert them and then press enter, rewrite and repress enter.

8) Now write on promt: touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone (remember DOT before AppleSetupDone) and then press enter

9) on promt write: reboot (enter) (the system will reboot now)

10) Now don't touch nothing during boot, at login page, insert like user: root, like password, them that you have choose.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi all, I had the same problem, the solution is over here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78271

The solution is created by d4rkdev, but it is in Italian, I'll translate it for you:

For everybody who want to have Mac OS X86, but didn't get past the "Do You Already Own a Mac" screen. This is caused by the network card, the easiest solution is to buy a network card that works with Mac OSX (like one with the rtl8139 chipset), or just follow the guide.

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):

reboot

Edit

{censored}, I just saw that somebody already translated it in the original topic... Ah well :P , good luck with it, maybe you find Khael's translation easier:

1) during boot press f8

5) unmount all ;) write on promt : /sbin/mount -uw / (enter)

7) now the system will ask you to insert the new password, insert them and then press enter, rewrite and repress enter.

8) Now write on promt: touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone (remember DOT before AppleSetupDone) and then press enter

10) Now don't touch nothing during boot, at login page, insert like user: root, like password, them that you have choose.

thank you so much, it works finally.

• 2 months later...

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

reboot

Edit

{censored}, I just saw that somebody already translated it in the original topic... Ah well :) , good luck with it, maybe you find Khael's translation easier:

1) during boot press f8

5) unmount all ;) write on promt : /sbin/mount -uw / (enter)

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

reboot

Edit

{censored}, I just saw that somebody already translated it in the original topic... Ah well :blink: , good luck with it, maybe you find Khael's translation easier:

1) during boot press f8

5) unmount all :angel: write on promt : /sbin/mount -uw / (enter)

WTF But my display problem was hurtted... WTF WHy do i should to not duing once boot. I don not believe you are faker for Mac :censored2:

I am very sad.. i can not get Leopard Desktop :unsure: because problem crazy retry Keyboard setup. I wanna to remobve AppleSetupDone ... :unsure: Thanks

• 2 months later...