All info about Lion on P45-DS3L

itorra

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

As blackosx left us alone (this is a chance to say thanks) here we are trying to run Lion on our board.

right now i'm trying something and if it will run fine i'll post everything i've done.

BUT, every file you have everything you did with this board please post here.

Hi all guys.

I was going to install 10.6 on my ep45c-ds3r (using once again blackosx's guide) because it suddenly messed up and won't boot anymore.

But now I'm thinking to give a try to the Lion installation.

I'll let you know asap if i'll give it a try. atm I'm lookin' for a guide related to our mob

Actually the guides lookin' intresting to us are (imho):

This looks like intresting too:

I'll update the post as I'll have any news to share with you.

See you soon.

Hi everyone,

As blackosx left us alone (this is a chance to say thanks) here we are trying to run Lion on our board.

right now i'm trying something and if it will run fine i'll post everything i've done.

BUT, every file you have everything you did with this board please post here.

installed on EP45-UD3L, everything working except sleep. you need a working DSDT and Chameleon r976 or later, some kexts and proper smbios and com.apple.Boot.plist

you will needs kexts for audio, ethernet, good tools are chameleon wizard and kext utility.

Hi and thanks for reply.

Do you think SL's working dsdt could fit Lion's needs too?

(i would try dsdt autopatcher as well. never tried it)

And can work with SL's kexts?

Prolly, some of them, patched for 10.7?

I'll go check on alc889a's topic asap if ther're some news about this lion's stuff.

I'm now saving files from an ext hd so i can wipe it.

Then i'll create a new usb install-boot disk for lion with all the kext and stuffs i need.

I'll update you asap.

Best wishes and thanks again

installed on EP45-UD3L, everything working except sleep. you need a working DSDT and Chameleon r976 or later, some kexts and proper smbios and com.apple.Boot.plist

you will needs kexts for audio, ethernet, good tools are chameleon wizard and kext utility.

Hi all again.

Lio's working fine on my ep45c-ds3r.

All looks like ok atm. The only problem i see is that 4 channels're working on my 5.1 (but i'm sure this'll be solved and i'll update infos here), sub and central chans are not working atm.

I followed this guide to prepare the lion setup disk:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262015

and the blackosx's one for Snow Leopard for the boot load on disks:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

On my usb setup disk i had only few kext:

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I dunno if all this were needed but worked.

I loaded the boot on disk, the dsdt.aml, the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the SMBIOS.plist

When i have made the final boot partition (the one on s-ata disk, not usb removable one for lion installation), after os installation was complete and i booted into Lion, i used this kext in chameon volume (cham volume/E/E):

(Same used on usb setup disk)

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

+

RealtekR1000SL.kext to activate eth boards

ALC885_889a.kext for audio (applehda.kext in /S/L/E patched with layout885.xml + Platforms.xml http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1722965 )

and as before, I loaded the boot on disk, the dsdt.aml, the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the SMBIOS.plist

Wish this infos could be helpful for others coming.

I'll update as soon as all will be fine configured and working.

Thanks all for help

D.

• 1 month later...

I had installed Lion via the Kakewalk 4.0, or rather I just followed Kakewalk, it was breeze. But for other reasons I wanted to revert back to having a separate Cham boot partition.

I used Chameleon-2.1svn-r1505.pkg to install the boot loaders onto the Cham partition and simply added a few bits from the great Blackosx's support files - dsdt - FakeSMC - OrangeIconFix - org.chameleon.Boot.plist - SMBIOS.

Took about 2 minutes. Now I have auto sleep - never knew that existed.

If you were starting from scratch

Download Kakewalk, it installs Lion from a dmg, plus the boot loaders, onto a usb stick, making it a bootable Lion installer, use that to install Lion to the OS partition.

The Lion install is the most straightforward I have experienced, but this is due to

having all the tools available, Kakewalk, Chameleon packages and Blackosx's guide and files.