Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h Update working 10.6.2

tinush

137 posts in this topic

Ok, after a few days weeks working and reading about dsdt, i got a 100% working Snow 10.6.2 32bit system incl auto-sleep & time-machine.

The system list:

Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h matx

Core duo E8500 3.16Ghz 1333mhz

Corsair 2x 2gb xsm2 800mhz ddr2

Nvidia 9600gt Evga ssc 512mb

EDIT 25-11-2009

Check the new installer with Pc-Efi from Netkas.

Install to the usb drive with the restored snow Dvd or after installation to snow Hd (All files are already in there).

Dsdt fixes: Speedstep, Nvidia Gpu, Time-machine, Sleep, Usb, Rtc, Hdef, Sata, Apple Lpc & Pwr button.

Installing with Pc-Efi bootloader package

this is NOT my work just edited with my files (installer show's for ep45-ud3p).

1. Partition the 8gb usb flashdrive to guid

2. Restore the Snow dvd to the flash drive.

3. Install the custom bootloader package to the flashdrive.

4. Boot from the Usb drive and install Snow (part. Hd in Guid).

5. Copy uuid info to Smbios and Platformuuid.kext (2 places).

Installing with Boot Think ga-eg45m-ud2h update dsdt package

1. Restore the Snow dvd to a 8gb usb flash drive.

2. Install Bootthink on the flash drive and copy Dsdt.aml, Smbios.plist & com.apple.boot.plist to Bootthink>Darwin.

3. Copy the Fakesmc.kext, Applehda.kext, Realtekr1000SL.kext and Openhaltrestart.kext to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions.

4. Boot from the Usb drive and install Snow (part. Hd in Guid).

5. Copy uuid info to Smbios and Platformuuid.kext (2 places).

6. Copy Platformuuid.kext with added uuid info to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions.

Edit the the Smbios.plist for Cpu and Memory.

Edit dsdt for different nvidia card's look for nvidia, it's only cosmetic

Edit com.apple.Boot.plist for display resolution

U can use MacToPlatformUUID.app to obtain the Uuid info

Check the fixed dsdt from Crash_X for the edited Nvidia 1024mb edition

system is working with x64 but the audio is working only at 32bit (0x1458A102 id 12)

waking from sleep also works with keyboard/mouse

Questions?

T.

Edit:Ok it's in the wrong section must be in OSx86 Installation. :)

F4e Bios. second attempt got the new bios loaded better so now on the beta version (motherboard_bios_ga-eg45m-ud2h_f4e.exe)

with allot of help from MM67

New Dsdt with vanilla Speedstep, applelpc fix & sata fix (no need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext)

EDIT the P-states before using the Speedstep DSDT or use DSDT without (dsdt in "Ga-eg45m-ud2h Updated DSDT.zip" file is with speedstep)

idle temps now 38c

Complete rebuild of DSDT from mm67, this complete new build has a lot less text in

edit p-states for your cpu before use

----------------------

dsdt.dsl_Speedstep_45n.zip

dsdt.dsl_witout_Speedstep.zip

Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip

dsdt.dsl_Thijmus_v6.zip

Ga_eg45m_ud2h_files_only.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have this motherboard and I am going to attempt installation with your guide, but since this is new to me I do not understand the step 5 and step 6. Also, I have 9800GT and do not know about edit DSDT. I have searched forums, but am a bit struck with information overload. A little help?

For step 5, do I just open disk utility and find the uuid string for my SL drive and just replace the existing values:

Smbios:

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>ADEABCA3-66E0-320A-BBDC-BE1B336D4182</string>

PlatformUUID.kext[Contents\Info.plist]:

<key>PlatformUUID</key>

<string>33979843-027B-3396-8821-750DD2250C51</string>

Hi. I have this motherboard and I am going to attempt installation with your guide, but since this is new to me I do not understand the step 5 and step 6. Also, I have 9800GT and do not know about edit DSDT. I have searched forums, but am a bit struck with information overload. A little help?

For step 5, do I just open disk utility and find the uuid string for my SL drive and just replace the existing values:

Smbios:

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>ADEABCA3-66E0-320A-BBDC-BE1B336D4182</string>

PlatformUUID.kext[Contents\Info.plist]:

<key>PlatformUUID</key>

<string>33979843-027B-3396-8821-750DD2250C51</string>

@HellFish

your correct about the uuid info, just copy the lines (smbios.plist & Platformuuid.kext 2 places)

the 9800gt wil work native, it only shows as a 9600gt (edit the dsdt for your card)

T.

Hi! I have this exact model of motherboard Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h and I am interested to install snow leopard 10.6 , Is it applicable if I will use the upgrade version or do I need to buy the retail full version of snow leopard 10.6. Thanks for your advices.

Hi! I have this exact model of motherboard Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h and I am interested to install snow leopard 10.6 , Is it applicable if I will use the upgrade version or do I need to buy the retail full version of snow leopard 10.6. Thanks for your advices.

i can't tell, to be on the safe-site bye the full version

T,

Thanks for your guide. I have SL up and working! Funny thing, though... I couldn't get audio and LAN to work with the kexts in your archive.

Instead, for audio I am using voodooHDA.kext and for LAN, Bit Shoveler's version.

Your kext for LAN would indicate connection to my gateway, but no internet, and pings to the gateway timed out. Audio seemed to install (all controls worked), but there simply wasn't any output. VoodooHDA was the fix for that.

Perfect SL install with Win7 dual boot! Thanks!

Hi, how do I found smbios.kext for this motherboard Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h, is there a difference between yhe . plist & .kext? thanks for your help.

HI! WE HAVE THE SAME MOTHERBOARD AND GRAPHICS CARD , CAN YOU GIVE ME THE METHOD OR GUIDE YOU USE IF YOU HAVE THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION, THANKS

HI! ABOUT THIS GUIDE Copy the Fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and Openhaltrestart.kext to Bootthink> LibrarySL>x86>Extensions, IS THIS THE RIGHT PATH? Can you clarify because iafter the installation of bootthink there are only 2 folders 1.) Darwin 2.) Library there is no LibrarySL>x86>extentions. Please help>>

Thanks for your guide. I have SL up and working! Funny thing, though... I couldn't get audio and LAN to work with the kexts in your archive.

Instead, for audio I am using voodooHDA.kext and for LAN, Bit Shoveler's version.

Your kext for LAN would indicate connection to my gateway, but no internet, and pings to the gateway timed out. Audio seemed to install (all controls worked), but there simply wasn't any output. VoodooHDA was the fix for that.

Perfect SL install with Win7 dual boot! Thanks!

check system profile if you are running x64, the drivers for sound & lan will only work in x86 for now

the realtekr1000.kext is being worked on, but for sound there's no solution yet

nice to here you got it going

T.

Hi, how do I found smbios.kext for this motherboard Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h, is there a difference between yhe . plist & .kext? thanks for your help.

HI! WE HAVE THE SAME MOTHERBOARD AND GRAPHICS CARD , CAN YOU GIVE ME THE METHOD OR GUIDE YOU USE IF YOU HAVE THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION, THANKS

HI! ABOUT THIS GUIDE Copy the Fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and Openhaltrestart.kext to Bootthink> LibrarySL>x86>Extensions, IS THIS THE RIGHT PATH? Can you clarify because iafter the installation of bootthink there are only 2 folders 1.) Darwin 2.) Library there is no LibrarySL>x86>extentions. Please help>>

you can edit the smbios.plist for different hardware cpu, mem etc. it's only cosmetic, except for the uuid info it's needs to be edited

the xtra files should be in darwin/system/librarysl/x86/extensions and in x64/extensions)

will edit the tutorial later

T

Hi, Thanks for your advice, how can I download or found the smbios.kext since the file included is smbios.plist. Thabks again

it is a plist not a kext (my mistake in the tutorial)

T

Also can you give me the right path on where can I copy the files after I install bootthink, thanks

do you still boot from the install usb?

T

EDIT or REMOVE the P-states before using this DSDT

idle temps now 38c

Got a new cpu E8500 so new dsd

Can you explain the above a little better? What does remove the P-states mean? Also, I have a CPU Q9550. Do I need to edit DSDT more because of this? Do I use the 45n dsdt attachment? I don't really understand the whole dsdt thing.

Can you explain the above a little better? What does remove the P-states mean? Also, I have a CPU Q9550. Do I need to edit DSDT more because of this? Do I use the 45n dsdt attachment? I don't really understand the whole dsdt thing.

Hi Hellfish

use the dsdt without speedstep or edit the 1 with 45n speedstep, only use mine when you have the same cpu

allot of people have the same cpu as you have, so editing is easy

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631

T.

Thank you again Thijmus!!! ;)

A lot of heavy reading in that thread, but I am now a DSDT noober! I was able to edit the DSDT to add proper support for my 9800GT 1GB, and enable all 4 cores of my processor! I was also able to dump the voodooHDA and bitshovler LAN kexts for AppleHDA and RealtekR1000SL included in your archive.

Next step is to keep working on P-states for Q9550. I've tried twice now, and although I get cooler CPU temps reported by CPU-i, sleep breaks so I have to revert back. I don't mind running cores @ 50C idle, but 40C is still on my radar!

Other than that, everything works perfectly! I owe you beer if you ever come to Idaho! :wacko:

Thank you again Thijmus!!! :)

A lot of heavy reading in that thread, but I am now a DSDT noober! I was able to edit the DSDT to add proper support for my 9800GT 1GB, and enable all 4 cores of my processor! I was also able to dump the voodooHDA and bitshovler LAN kexts for AppleHDA and RealtekR1000SL included in your archive.

Next step is to keep working on P-states for Q9550. I've tried twice now, and although I get cooler CPU temps reported by CPU-i, sleep breaks so I have to revert back. I don't mind running cores @ 50C idle, but 40C is still on my radar!

Other than that, everything works perfectly! I owe you beer if you ever come to Idaho! :D

Nice....

yes dsdt is hard but for running a flawless mac it's essential. i can show you but its better that you learn it yourself

because of sleep i posted 2 different dsdt's 65n & 45n both work with sleep (look after Method (_CST, 0, NotSerialized)

I don't exactly know what the difference is but it's working (maybe you can copy/past some part's for testing)

T

How does sleep fail, what happens?

btw as for the temps i don't use a stock cooler

How does sleep fail, what happens?

btw as for the temps i don't use a stock cooler

After adding P-states, system starts to sleep, but never fully enters S3. Instead, it shuts down the monitor, and system is unresponsive with fans/lights still going strong. HDD light doesn't flicker, and monitor stays blank. I have to power down.

I think this has to do with using your DSDT file, as I notice if I dump my own BOIS I have some extra devices and even different hex strings for systemmemory. I'm going to try do make my own system specific DSDT to overcome these problems. I'll let you know how I do, but for the time being, I can live with 50C cores and a perfect 10.6.2 install!

I'm using a Scythe Ninja, so I can imagine my temps with a stock.

After adding P-states, system starts to sleep, but never fully enters S3. Instead, it shuts down the monitor, and system is unresponsive with fans/lights still going strong. HDD light doesn't flicker, and monitor stays blank. I have to power down.

I think this has to do with using your DSDT file, as I notice if I dump my own BOIS I have some extra devices and even different hex strings for systemmemory. I'm going to try do make my own system specific DSDT to overcome these problems. I'll let you know how I do, but for the time being, I can live with 50C cores and a perfect 10.6.2 install!

I'm using a Scythe Ninja, so I can imagine my temps with a stock.

post the new dsdt so i can test your version as well.

Maybe there's a difference when creating dsdt under windows or mac

T.

gonne reboot to get some bios pics (as you can see A sony cam)

post-157612-1258022070_thumb.jpg

post-157612-1258022092_thumb.jpg

post-157612-1258022102_thumb.jpg

post the new dsdt so i can test your version as well.

Maybe there's a difference when creating dsdt under windows or mac

T.

gonne reboot to get some bios pics (as you can see A sony cam)

Thanks for those pics. I verified my BIOS settings to be the same, except I use native mode on AHCI. But that setting doesn't matter (I tried Legacy setting as well).

But, I did figure out what is causing my sleep problems. It is my LG Blu-ray drive. I have an aluminum bezel over the front of the drive, so it matches my case (Lian Li 351). Looks very good, but I can not see the LED on the drive. I had the room dark, and when trying for sleep, I noticed that LED flashing like mad behind the bezel. SL was for some reason pulling the Blu-ray drive when attempting sleep. If I disconnect the drive, sleep just works!

I'll post my DSDT version when it's done, but it's going to take some time as 1. I'm a noob, and 2. i have a large project coming to a close at work thats going to demand some time.

Thanks for those pics. I verified my BIOS settings to be the same, except I use native mode on AHCI. But that setting doesn't matter (I tried Legacy setting as well).

But, I did figure out what is causing my sleep problems. It is my LG Blu-ray drive. I have an aluminum bezel over the front of the drive, so it matches my case (Lian Li 351). Looks very good, but I can not see the LED on the drive. I had the room dark, and when trying for sleep, I noticed that LED flashing like mad behind the bezel. SL was for some reason pulling the Blu-ray drive when attempting sleep. If I disconnect the drive, sleep just works!

I'll post my DSDT version when it's done, but it's going to take some time as 1. I'm a noob, and 2. i have a large project coming to a close at work thats going to demand some time.

Ok!, that also happened to me :)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171929

As for most people here i'm also a noob, but with there help we can get it going.....

T.