Installation BOOT CD for Snow Leopard on Gigabyte P35-DS3L

Capt_Boom

12 posts in this topic

A little Help for those trying to get a Gigabyte P35-DS3L working properly with 10.6.1

This Zip file contains a DMG with my /Extra folder as well as the Most recent F9 Bios for the P35-DS3L which includes the New AHCI Code so it boots really fast.

The DSDT.AML File i've included is for my board which is stock Plus an Evga 8600 GTS 512 PCI Express card.

It includes the USB Built in Fix as well as the Reboot to corrupted Bios Fix.

Modify as you see fit.

I hope this helps you guys.

P35-DS3L-10.6-Setup.dmg.zip

• 2 weeks later...
A little Help for those trying to get a Gigabyte P35-DS3L working properly with 10.6.1

This Zip file contains a DMG with my /Extra folder as well as the Most recent F9 Bios for the P35-DS3L which includes the New AHCI Code so it boots really fast.

The DSDT.AML File i've included is for my board which is stock Plus an Evga 8600 GTS 512 PCI Express card.

It includes the USB Built in Fix as well as the Reboot to corrupted Bios Fix.

Modify as you see fit.

I hope this helps you guys.

P35-DS3L-10.6-Setup.dmg.zip

Okay, I burned this, and it did not boot up, as it appears to have no boot sector. I also tried replacing the INITRD.IMG on the old boot-132 disc with this (I converted it to .IMG and renamed it), and the disc booted, but it would not start up the install DVD. Could you upload a boot-132 for Snow Leopard on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L please?

Hey

I managed to install using my retail copy of Snow using this method, and everything works pretty much, sound, ACHI, I used EFI Studio to get my 7900GS working. I just can't seem to get it to wake up from sleep though :/ I have the SleepEnabler kext in my Extras folder and I tried a few DSDT.aml files including the one in your DMG (but the GPU was incorrect obviously). But still, it refuses to wake up from sleep when pressing the power button, or moving the mouse. The fans startand my cathodes light up but the screen stays blank and my keyboard or mouse do nothing. I even flashed my bios from F7 to F9 which I was trying to avoid because it has issues when I overclock my CPU (The settings like to reset to defaults occasionally with F9).

I have used Leopard in the past (10.5.8) and sleep worked just fine which gets me puzzled :S Is there a BIOS setting I have mixed up?

Any help would be most appreciated, I've been reading the forums for days but not come up with a solution :/

Thanks, Josh. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Can someone please give some instructions on how to make a bootCD 132 for this specific motherboard?

I've tried a lot of diferent combinations of files following diferent guides.

For example i've tried the ga-ep45-ds3l-sl boot cd, boots ok, but SL DVD always gives me a diferent error when trying to boot.

I've tried mixing cdboot file from this, and making my own preboot.dmg, with my dsdt, and extensions provided in guide for this mobo. I even use the kext's, apple.boot.plist, and smbios.plist that you Josh attached in one of your posts in a topic.

no success at all.

Sometimes the SLDVD seems to boot correctly, but i get a blank screen after a while of apple logo. Or sometimes i boot SLDVD in verbose mode and after a while of text, it seems to boot, but with plenty of black and white artifacts.

I have an HD4850, and my dsdt.aml doesnt have video injected. I don't know how to do that. I couldn't find info on doing that.

But my doubt... It's necesary to inject video on dsdt in order to boot sldvd properly?

WHat's wrong?

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me build the bootcd. I've tried a lot of combinations, but don't know how it really should look like. How are the files to be placed.

Sorry my english

gen

PD: I have revision 1 of the motherboard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After long hours and months of searching i came across this site which worked perfectly and it was the easiest and quickest way and took the least amount of reading. I dont know why the other hackintosh methods are still around.....

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

Everything is described in detail and is pretty good for the not so advanced users. The only problem i had was that my mother board (p35-d3sl) wouldnt boot from the USB for some reason so i just boot it from a boot disk from this site and than plopped in the USB and it worked fine....

And for the DSDT part, dont even touch it because the "myhack" installer runs everyting u need to patch your dsdt and all other stuff... so there is almost no hacking you need to do..... just follow the instructions to a tee and youll be set.......