Hp Laptop Boot fix for Kalyway 10.5.2

robrocks

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

i installed kalyways 10.5.2 dvd on my hp dv6428 AMD Turion laptop. After the install, Darwin would boot up but i would get the system cannot find blah blah apple.boot.plist.

So,

I have figured out that when you turn your hp laptop on, when you see the hp logo hit F8 a couple of times and when the darwin bootloader opens you wont get the error and leopard "should" (i say this because i am looking at the white screen with the apple logo and the spinning thing below it now) boot.

I will update when i see what happens

hi, plz keep this up, i'm trying the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd dvd on my nx6325 (turion64x2, ati xpress1150, some ati sata controller) right now. i tried to install it in vmware, didnt work at all. as soon as the backup of my xp partition is done i will try to install it there.

when i boot the dvd i find myself rather quickly (maybe 4 mins) at the installer, which gives me the xp partition (fat32) for install. disk utility sees my other partitions (all ext3 one swap), but they are greyed out.

actually this is the biggest effort so far, when i tried a few months ago there was no dvd that found my hdd at all.

@ robrocks: thx to hearing your issue. i had the exactly same problem with my Presario V3246AU - AMD system on nForce Mobo ;). i tried to burn even 4 DVD Leo4all V.2, 1 for each Kalyway 10.5.2, Zephyroth 10.5.2, 10.4.8, 10.4.9, 10.4.10. but no any of all has worked for me.

have some problem after installing but It is unable to boot with DVD ( above problem) so still cannot to boot into MAC OSX

Without DVD when booting, Darwin cannot go far (above problem)

Within DVD when booting:

Leo4all: stuck '' still waiting for root device "

Kalyway, Zephyroth: also stuck, sometimes '' still waiting for root deivice '', sometimes other lines.

hope lucky will happen.

sorry for my english.

well, after passing the dvdcheck the installer exits complaining about an unspecified error while copying files to the volume. this really sucks as it went so smooth up to there, and it actually does copy about 2gb.

does anybody have any ideas what to do here?

how would you suggest should i prepare my hdd prior to the installation?

i have a HP dv2125 laptop with amd turion and sata hard drive.i finally got mine to install by using Leo4all and installing to an external hard drive. also during the install i did not choose to install any of the chipset drivers, because everytime i did select the drivers i would get the 'waiting for root device'.

so:

install to external and select no chipsets. you wont be able be able to access your internal drive but it works for me.

this may help some of you. if you have the nvidia chipset and had to install to an external drive, when the laptop boots up press the escape button and then select usb drive on the list, usually its the last one. that's the only way i was able to get mine to boot. and that's part of the reason i sold it to get the intel based dv9385nr.

• 2 months later...
hi, plz keep this up, i'm trying the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd dvd on my nx6325 (turion64x2, ati xpress1150, some ati sata controller) right now. i tried to install it in vmware, didnt work at all. as soon as the backup of my xp partition is done i will try to install it there.

when i boot the dvd i find myself rather quickly (maybe 4 mins) at the installer, which gives me the xp partition (fat32) for install. disk utility sees my other partitions (all ext3 one swap), but they are greyed out.

actually this is the biggest effort so far, when i tried a few months ago there was no dvd that found my hdd at all.

I had the same issue but i managed to install it (i have the nx6325 from hp[compaq]). :)

What i did was to uncheck some drivers in the Motherboard Chipset node.

If you still get this problem, it would be ok if you look over all the hardware components for witch it wants to install drivers.

I have disabled some of the nVidia chipset. And voila! It worked. :)

I hope it will help you with something!