Help with Wifi

Nesland

5 posts in this topic

Sorry for posting a new topic,

i tried to find the answer to my problem with the search function but i wasn't able to find the correct topic ( i found one long time ago but i don't remember wich keyword i use).

my problem is this:

i've an Acer Aspire 5920g with vista and leo installed.

leo version khalyway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 all following the instruction posted into the section of this laptop.

i know there aren't yet the driver for the integrated wi-fi and the integrated ethernet, then i purchased a wi-fi USB.

is a Longshine with the chipsed ZD1211 and i already downloaded them and also correctly install them.

but my leo recognize the network card as ethernet and airport seems don't start.

how i can fix it ?

Hi Nesland, i guess its supposed to recognize your wifi as ethernet because it is through a USB, like in my case im using Dlink Wifi dongle OSX recognized it as Ethernet. Go to "System Preference" and then "Network" select "Configure" option with "Using DHCP" that is supposed that your router is a DHCP Server setup, if its on a manual you have to supply IP Address, Netmask, etc... save it and then click "Assist Me" and use "Network Diagnostic" to test....

I hope this will help,

Goodluck!!! :angel:

i 've now the usb wifi card correctly recognized and connected to the router, but cannot go on the internet, either i put all the data manually either i put them automated

i'm getting mad with the network configuration and i double check the network setting and the oruter setting

the built-in wi-fi chipset is the ZD1211 ( i found the same driver on the proper installaiton disk but the version 2_2_0_0)

now i've the wi-fi usb recognized as an ethernet lan and trought the ZD utility the dongle connect to my router.

the problem now is another, i put the correct parameters into the network setting , but i'm not able to go trought internet.

on the ZD diagnostic tool the don'g have a standard TX data (that grow up as the data was sent to the net) but the value of the RX data is always 0.

i dunno what to do :(