Bricked Installs after Apple Update (NOT TO 10.5.2!)

AdamTi

7 posts in this topic

I have Kalyway installed, did that today on a Gateway 3GHZ, 1GB Ram machine. I know not to update to 10.5.2 through Apple update so I did it through KalyWay cracked one, worked fine. Then Apple updater had the security fixes and all that, iTunes, Quicktime, etc. (I own an iMac so I am used to just updating these without thinking). So I updated the security update (2008-02 I think), and it bricked, a few times I had to reinstall). I know you are not supposed to update Leopard version (from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 for example), but should I not update anything else in particular? Thanks.

I was running 10.5.1 Kalyway fine, then updated to kalyway 10.5.2 through the kalyway updater, worked fine. Apple Update said there were new updates (presumably for 10.5.2 exclusively), one security update 08-02 i think, airport, etc. i just installed all of them because i figured anything except version updates (10.5.1 -> 10.5.2 for example) were ok. it's either the airport or the security update, people should know not to install these! Is there a list somewhere of what updates will brick what versions?