Install Stuck

jadphoto14

13 posts in this topic

When I try to install kalaway 10.5.1, the install just hangs. What happens is that it checks the disk, then hangs. When it hangs, I moved my cursor and the install started to happen. However, nothing is going on with the install. It is stuck at about 5%, and it still says calculating after time remaining. It has been like this for about an hour now. The only options I chose before were MBR, and both of the vanilla kernel options.

Edit: Ok, it has now moved up to about 7%

How long does it usually take?

I think it's supposed to take around 15-30 mins depending on the speed of your computer, however an hour is insane... i installed onto my USB quicker then that.

Something is wrong, definitely, since it should have finished a while ago...

I would suggest trying to install again and if this happens again then something is happening causing it to install VERY slowly, also maybe try using different kernels incase if there's a problem... i hate problems, they're so frustrating when they occur.

Thanks. Well, it seems to be moving now, its just really slow. Now it says 46 hours remaining, and its at about 40% I really don't want to start all over again though, so I might just have to wait it out. But then again, I don't want to have any problems. Should I not check any vanilla kernel options and only mbr bootloader?

Well yes... you could check that, however firstly i would suggest doing what you said and that's waiting it out. If problems occur then try reinstalling however for now wait it out since hopefully the Time Remaining has got it wrong (hopefully). Good Luck after restart and hope for the best.

I checked everywhere in my BIOS and no AHCI was there. So, I restarted yet again. It'd now checking the disk, but its slow as usual. It takes maybe 30 min to check the disk. I am trying this time with no vanilla kernels at all, just mbr bootloader. 52% done in checking...

• 1 year later...
When I try to install kalaway 10.5.1, the install just hangs. What happens is that it checks the disk, then hangs. When it hangs, I moved my cursor and the install started to happen. However, nothing is going on with the install. It is stuck at about 5%, and it still says calculating after time remaining. It has been like this for about an hour now. The only options I chose before were MBR, and both of the vanilla kernel options.

Edit: Ok, it has now moved up to about 7%

How long does it usually take?

I thought i had the same problem , so i moved the mouse cursor to top of the menu bar to stop installation and try again,

however on the instant that i moved the mouse t, the screen refreshed and said 3 mins left only, it is weird i know, now it is at about a minute , it seems stuck again, just going to wait abit longer.