How can i get my nvs 140M with full QE/CI

snoopyhyh

12 posts in this topic

I've installed the leo4allv2 on my T61 laptop. My video card is NVS 140M Device ID:0x0429.

I've tried

1.NVinject0.2.2c

Could not recognize my NV140M, no QE/CI there.

2.the gfx string

after adding the gfx string to com.apple.boot.plist,the leopard could recognize NV140M but still no QE/CI.

3.NVinstall v4.1

Select the driver from the newest leopard DVD and the drive of 128M,after rebooting, the apple wheel rolled and then, the screen got dark,I have to install leopard again~~ oppos~~

Any one could tell me how can i get my NVS 140M with QE/CI?

Thanks a lot~~~

• 1 month later...

Me to same black screen after nvinject on T61 NVS 140M, changing resolution is easy, just add to com.apple.boot file this (or desired resolution):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

I have posted the exact question on this forum as well as thinkpads.com and OSX86Scene. I think the bottom line is the NVidia 140 in the Thinkpad T61 is just not supported yet in terms of QE/CI. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I've tried everything. I can do full 1280x800, but no QE/CI. I shudder to think what would happen if I actually tried to put it into my port replicator or connect an external monitor.

I'm at the point of giving up because 1) No QE/CI, 2) no sound and 3) no network. That all adds up to a very pretty looking machine that is useless in terms of actually using it for anything.

I'm afraid I'm back to Vista until there is better hardware support.

• 1 month later...

guys, im in the same boat too. but im not giving up yet. it will happen eventually because the 140m uses the same chip set as a lot of the 8 series cards. someone just has to figure out how to get it to work. i know its easier said then done, but i think it will happen eventually.

• 1 month later...
Me to same black screen after nvinject on T61 NVS 140M, changing resolution is easy, just add to com.apple.boot file this (or desired resolution):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

nice, i will have to try that.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...