10.5.1 Installed on a USB Hard drive. Wont Boot.

siefer

5 posts in this topic

Ok,So i installed the 10.5.1 kalyway image perfectly on a usb hard drive i recieved yesterday(200gb). It told me that the install was succesful, however when i try to boot it it gives me a flashing _ thing and just stays there.Partition Table was as follows. 50gb - MSDOS(FAT) 150gb - HFS+ I aslo used MBR.Computer specs. Dell XPS Gen 4. One core, Pentium 4 Prescott. nVidia 6800 card - Applied the NATIT patch from the kalyway dvd. Used the Vanilla Kernel. Used the efi_MBR patch BIOS set to boot 1. CD 2. USB 3. Internal HDAt the end of the install it said "Installation Successful" with a big checkmark, and said reboot in 30 secs.If i missed any information you need post back :)Thanks for any help.Bump

If you have any other (internal) HD's hooked up to your system, try unhooking them and try rebooting. I know when I did my install on my laptop, it wouldnt boot from the external HD until I removed my internal one. Just a thought.

Nick.

I get the same thing, you will have to leave the disk in, reboot your computer then let it boot from the disk but dont press any buttons, just let it countdown and then it will boot into OS X

I have the same problem as Siefer, and noticed that I have to leave the DVD boot disk in the drive for it to boot into Mac OSX 10.5.2, is there no way around this? It just seems kind of annoying.