Disk utility not recognising hard drive

Freelancer

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Sorry if it is inadequate to post this, but the disk utility in my fujitsu-siemens does not recognise any hard drive.

I've searched the forums for something similar, but i could only find hard drive recognition problems during installation.

Could someone please help?

Thank you very much!

I have the exact same problem and strangely enough I have a Fukitsu Siemens as well. I can boot perfectly into the Kalyway DVD but it does not show any target drive and the Disk Utility only shows the DVD drive and no local drives.

Only difference I can see when I skim through the guides is that the only settings I have in my BIOS are IDE and RAID - maybe that is the problem?

I have the exact same problem and strangely enough I have a Fukitsu Siemens as well. I can boot perfectly into the Kalyway DVD but it does not show any target drive and the Disk Utility only shows the DVD drive and no local drives.

Only difference I can see when I skim through the guides is that the only settings I have in my BIOS are IDE and RAID - maybe that is the problem?

Try to mess around with the BIOS settings and see if that makes any difference. You can also buy an External HD to install Leopard onto. Cheers.

can it be dangerous? [probably stupid question]

there are only 2 options

Type: [Auto}

32 BIT I/O: [Disabled]

There are also the following inactive ones:

Multi-scetor transfers: [16 sectors]

LBA Mode Control: [enabled]

Transfer Mode: [epio 4 / DMA 21]

Ulta DMA Mode: [mode 6]

Ok, I had a similar problem with my Toshiba and it was fixed by installing a kext driver for my harddrive's chipset. I'm not sure if this applies to your situation but it's worth a shot.

I had the SB600 SATA harddrive controller and by adding a kext for my harddrive to the install ISO file I was able to see my harddrive in the installer. You will have to search here on Insanelymac or just google for "(what ever chipset you have) kext".

Good luck.

Intel Core Duo T2130 1.8 ghz1gb RAM Fujitsu-Si Motherboard model Z17 MSiS Mirage 3 Graphics adapter with 256 mbyes western digital hard drive 80 gbtype Direct Access Device Vendor Western Digital Model WDC WD800BEVS-07RST0 Disk Family WD Scorpio SATAInterface ATA SATASerial Number WD-WXEX07C80767 Revision 04.01G04 Product Id 0BEVS-07RST0 Product Revision 04.0Size 80 GBytes Removable No Logical Disk C: this i kinda what i could sort out of the information gathering app

could this be my sata chipset id? WD800BEVS-07RSTO?