Need help troubleshooting 10.5.2 install that won't boot

yoda75

4 posts in this topic

Hello people.

I've been happily running a hackintosh box with JAS 10.4.8 installed. I've been trying to install the kalyway 10.5.2 on the second partition of a seperate storage drive. I'll give you a run down of what I have set up right now.

drive1 partition 1 - has my 10.4.8 install

drive0 partition 2 - is just storage

drive0 partiiton 3 - I installed 10.5.2

Computer specs D945GPM PentiumD 805

I've already searched around and have done some troubleshooting, but I've kind of hit a dead end and could use some help. I've done the fdisk in terminal and made the leopard partition active to no avail. The BIOS on my mobo has been really weird in that when I change the boot order, the change is not reflected and the machine boots to my tiger drive. I've updated the BIOS to the latest version but that hasn't worked. The Leopard partition shows as bootable and kosher in every way in disk utility. Am I missing something?

I'm going to try disconnecting my tiger drive and see if my Leo disk boot once it's the only bootable device in the system. If anybody has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Yoda75

Just a quick update. I disconnected my tiger drive and managed to get the Leo drive to boot with the kalyway DVD in. The other strange thing is that in diskutility my Leo partition shows as disk 0 partition 3 but when I look in fdisk, the only partition with info next to it is partition 1. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...