Problem with 10.5 kalyway

Luke//power

20 posts in this topic

Hey, I installed 10.5 with no trouble on my ibm thinkpad r51, but when I decided to install it on my desktop pc (with a p4p800-d motherboard) it loads and starts loading darwin but when it is about to start the mac loading screen before install, it restarts my computer. I thought it might tell me why if i ran it with "-v" and it crashes while loading "system.kext" Any ideas? Thanks in advance :P

well, If so many people have this problem, why doesnt an experienced member reply to it? and good luck everybody with fixing it :D i read on another post that it could be a problem with Darwin not properly recognizing the correct amount of cpus and they said to press f8 then type "cpus=1" but that did not work for me either :(

Does no one care about this? or am i just a noob who cant use the "search button" I've tried everything, and im sure thease other members have too, there are plenty of good members on this forum, take 10 seconds out of your life and shed some light on the subject. even a "i have no clue what that could be, but best of luck fixing the problem" would be nice. I am begining to think that there are no good people remaining in the world

There are three topics that I have found and the ONLY people who replied are people who have the same problem, is there no solution?? please at least tell me there isnt so i can stop trying to fix it :(

Now that I am done my rant I would like to say, so long insanely mac community, and thanks for helping me with getting started with the whole mac-x86 thing. :) best of luck in the future

Oh, and sorry for the double post :o

well i have the same problem and from what i gather it's because i don't have EFI emulation and that doesn't work on P4s so this is probably the our stumbling block. Anyone know if i can get EFI emu on a P4 if this what is causing the reebooting after the Darwin f8 options screen.

let us know how you get on with iatkos but i've got a feeling that we need to install the EFI bios emulation and from reading the thread for it only works on Intel core duo and up not on Pentium's might be something to do with older MBs as well. i'll post something there and see if i get a response.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick question about your R51. What are the specs? and what version did you install? I got kallaway 10.5.2 running on my R61 but am having trouble with the R51. It seems to install fine but will not boot. I can't get past -

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Then absolutely nothing. No activity of any kind.

I am assuming i will need to use an older distribution as this probably has a celeron or centrino in it.