firewire card?

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have a CoolerMaster 690 and a Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R and I just found out that my mobo does not have an internal firewire plug. That means my firewire plug on top of the case is basically no good.

So I am looking at a firewire card and was wondering how compatible a PCI-Express Firewire card would be with Leopard OSx86? There's nothing on the wiki about it.

I have two choices: PCI-Express and PCI

PCI-E: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16812186009

PCI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16815124003

What is the main difference between the two cards? I know that PCI-Express is faster but both cards boast the same 400/200/100 mbps speed.

Also it seems that both cards do not have the necessary pins so I can plug in my internal firewire plug. I would like to be able to use the firewire port on top of my case.

Thoughts?

ive tried two PCI firewire cards in my hacky and both 'just worked'. i suspect you'll be ok.

Plus if you read the PCI review one person says it works with a Mac. Personally I have a dynex brand 3 port with Augere L-FW323-6 chipset on it that works perfectly.

Plus if you read the PCI review one person says it works with a Mac. Personally I have a dynex brand 3 port with Augere L-FW323-6 chipset on it that works perfectly.

hay

just installed FCP istallation went fine but when i start FCP it does not start it just stops in the middle saying UNABLE TO LOCATE FOLLOWING EXTERNAL DEVICES: APPLEFIREWIRE NTSC (1024*756)

I don't have a on board firewire port but have a firewire card called ADS PYRO 1394DV Cardbus drivers available for this model does not workon leopard its for classic environment

so i have installed latest drivers and in the system profiler it does show in firewire MAXIMUM SPEED 400 MB/SEC. I think it has take the drivers thought there are no other details besides this

i don't know wot could be the problem can any think of any thing

i really need to get this working

any any 1 help me please?

thanks a million.

CPU: Dual-core 3 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS P5GC-MX/1333

Video graphics: Palit geforce 8600gt (working)

Memory:2GB DDR2

sound: onboard (working)

HD: 80 GB IDE (Leo), 160GB SATA

Onboard LAN:not workling as if now

• 2 months later...