Which of these software updates are SAFE?

WACOMalt

5 posts in this topic

I am on Kalyway 10.5.2, Pentium D, Asus MB.

In my software update list I have 12 items. Which of these are safe to install? I have read that the graphics update is safe. and I need to do the qmaster and protools ones, but dont know if I can.

post-209484-1207713091_thumb.jpg

I installed the ilife, safari Security iLife support, PRo masters, and qmaster on my last install, and had to reinstall from scratch, so obviously a few of these aren't safe. (I assume the security update)

AFAIK :

quicktime , itunes, graphics update, security update, front row, iwork are safe enough

for airport update and time machine, it seem the update will upgrade the kernel to 9.2.2 and it will make the hackintosh crash.. cmiiw

When I installed the airport and time machine it killed it. So I think it may be something with whether or not you have vanilla kernel. I do not, they didnt work, GoBx Has vanilla, and his updated fine.

drakxstar, I just now installed only the updates you said were safe... and my install died, grey screen of death on boot. I am confused.... I am back up now, after a re-install, with the same install software updates available.

any ideas?