JaS 10.4.8 on Compaq Evo D51S? Heck yes!

Mac-N00b

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm fairly new here, so give me a break if I don't sound like I know entirely what I'm talking about. :blink:

Though I know very little about hackintoshes so far, I just built my own in less than 24 hours. By chance, the Compaq Evo D51S that I had sitting in my closet is almost fully supported by the ISO I downloaded: JaS 10.4.8 [AMD+Intel+SSE2+SSE3+PPF1+PPF2]. Everything seems to work right out of the box. I had an Nvidia Quadro MX440 video card in it, but it wasn't supported, so I took it out and used the onboard intel video. I have it set up with this hardware:

PHILIPS 20x DvDRW IDE Drive (Newegg, $30)

512Mb DDR266 (Stock)

IBM "Deathstar" Deskstar 20.5Gb IDE HDD

The rest is stock.

I was utterly surprised when this machine worked out of the box. You should pick one up. They're only about $125 on eBay!

Oh, the only thing that isn't supported is the onboard intel networking card. However, I'm sure that some of you more skillaged hackerz out there will be able to fix this. If so, please let me know! Thanks!

What's the card?

Anyways, that's pretty good, the only thing I that I would be concerned about is that 10.4.8 is going to have security holes, but if you're just using it as a local internet/mail/word processing machine, good find, good build.

Congrats.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...