xps m1330 <- i need help

a-cut

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am very new on this area. I have with the help of an experienced user leopard 10.5.1 (iatkos) on my dell xps m1330 installed. I would like to now go on alone. However, still missing a few things:

-- Battery-stood in the right upper area is not displayed.

-- As soon as I get a quicktime video with playing, the video stutters (see below)

-- I hear no cpu-fan. (Used by the OS or from regulated bios?)

-- As soon as I press on the shut down button, my notebook goes to sleep Mode, not shut down.

My main-problem is the graphics (i think so). I use the notebook for dj'ing. In the future I want to play with videos. With a video-program (video-sl) on leopard, I have at stotter. I get a maximum of 15 frames per second for video: mp4/mpeg4/720x576/2560 bitrate / aac audio. Under windows xp I get at "vsync on": 50 fps -> here stutter nothing. However, I was 100% windows xp cpu and leopard 40-60% cpu. That is why the whole test with a leopard.

Please write to me, as simple as possible, because my English is very weak and I sometimes have to translate with google. thank you

1. Battery icon - needs powermanagment.kext workaround. search in this forum, it is avaliable

2. video stutter on Dell laptop is common if both cores are enabled. try booting with "cpus=1" option

3. CPU Fan issue varies, you may have better chance after installing powermanagement.kext

4. Notebook going to sleep mode is default mac behaviour. you can change it in System Preferences- Power Options

I have stutter with quicktime only if I press fullscreen. If a have small screen: no stutter.

If I take a different program like vlc or realplayer, I have no stotter with small or full screen.

is quicktime damaged ?