freeze on boot screen

geoffl

8 posts in this topic

I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and when I try to boot OSX it hangs on the boot screen.

I can see the apple and the spinning circle but as soon as the sound begins, the circle quits moving and nothing else happens (visually). The first time I booted, after the boot sound ended I could here a guy telling me about OSX's ability to recognize speech or something.

Any ideas of why this is happening? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

System info:

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1 Ghz

SSE3

3 GB ram

320 GB hd

Intel GM965 Chipset

ATI radeon hd 3470 graphics card

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and when I try to boot OSX it hangs on the boot screen.

I can see the apple and the spinning circle but as soon as the sound begins, the circle quits moving and nothing else happens (visually). The first time I booted, after the boot sound ended I could here a guy telling me about OSX's ability to recognize speech or something.

Any ideas of why this is happening? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

System info:

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1 Ghz

SSE3

3 GB ram

320 GB hd

Intel GM965 Chipset

ATI radeon hd 3470 graphics card

Thanks in advance.

I have this same EXACT problem. It seems to freeze on the boot screen, but i can hear the music and this dude saying stuff. I can use the keyboard to fill out the setup info (using tab and space bar to select) but i can't see what i'm doing in the setup.

Specs:

MOBO: PM9MS (By jetway... http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/spec/pm9ms.pdf this is my motherboard only)

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.93 GHZ

Ram: 1.0 GB

Hard Drive: Maxtor 80 GB Sata

Graphics: AGP - ATI - 2600PRO

(installed all patches in setup)

let me know if any other info is necessary...i'm beat

intersept the startup process, and when it displays "boot:" type in -v and write down what it hangs at, then post on here and see if anyone can help

Here is a couple lines before it stops:

///BEGIN CODE///

display: family specific matching fails
Jun 5 02:38:27 localhost DirectoryService[31]: Launched version 5.5 (v514.23)
Jun 5 02:38:27 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[22]: Login Window Application Started

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[configd] clearing CS_VALID

dsmos: Initializing...
dsmos:Hook and decryption context set!
dsmost: Starting

Jun 5 02:38:31 localhost/usr/sbin/ocspd[67]: starting

CODE SIGNING: cd_invalid_page: p=68[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

///END CODE///

I hope this can help someone help me lol...i've been trying this for a while and do not wish to return to vista. I appreciate the help in advance.

I also read someone said "adding cpus=1 fixed that for me" where would i add this "cpus=1"?