Network sharing

SticMAC™

4 posts in this topic

I have activated "File Sharing" and "Remote Management" in System Preferences, this is my problem:

I can do remote management i.e. link to each others screens(and control it) but get an immediate connect failure and CANNOT link to any drives or shares?! Even trying "Connect as" doesn't help, and most of the time the SHARED on the left menu doesn't even come up!

Hecker, and I have tried so I thought maybe someone else has had the same issues?

I'm sure it is not NIC related as I have wireless on both, and PCI NIC's on both and even swopped them! In ANY combination I can do remote management but no file sharing!

SticMAN

Nope!

But I'm further than what I was!!

It would seem that it is "Leo4Allv2" I loaded the new JAS image on both(had some spare drives) and they work fine If I enable SMB sharing!?

Funny that screen sharing still works!

On Leo4All if you go FINDER/GO/Connect to Server: and you give it the ip address of my other PC it gives me the error in the attachment, I can't remember but I think PCwizzz had this issue once?

On the JAS image it DOESN'T give the error but actually looks for the other machine but ONLY finds it if SMB is enabled

SticMAN

Still no luck, eh?

Do you have the same user/password combination on both ends?

• 1 month later...