hangs after still waiting for root device

colorhazer

4 posts in this topic

ok, i installed leo4all v2 and didn't select anything in the Customize menu, cause the first time when i tried to select vanilla kernel, 3rd party drivers, amd system fix and time machine fix it didn't work. after it was checking the dvd the yellow X popped out and i couldn't install it. i could try to press SKIP on checking but i kinda forgot about that, cause the next time i tryed to install it i didn't select anything in the Customize menu and clicked SKIP on checking and THEN it worked, if that makes any sense. after i installed it i did the chain0 stuff. i booted my pc, i had dual boot between my pc and leo, but it didn't work. still waiting for root device popps up: http://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08146/stillwaiting711.jpg

Davey on irc said that it says that it doesn't recognize my hdd or something, another guy said that i should change my nforce mobo to asus or any other. any help appreciated. oh and just now i noticed that the partition (E:/ 40GB FAT32) i created for osx, and installed osx on it is gone. maybe it somehow got erased in the process and that's why it doesn't recognize it?

specs:

CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2800 MHz (14 x 200) 5600+

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

HDD: SAMSUNG SP2504C (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

STORAGE: NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller

Sound: Realtek HD Audio

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB)

thanks

btw i've already tried zephyroth's rev2 release and it didn't work, as i couldn't patch the dvd (tryed to open it with magiciso/ultraiso/transmac) didn't work with any of these. well it did kinda, but the half of the files were missing. there was a topic about this and that i need a REAL macintosh to patch this. so well.. people recommended me to try Leo4All or Kalyway's version, as they are ALREADY patched.

select nForce driver for 3/4/5

select Netkas 9.2.0 Kernel

select AMD system fix

select ALC883

ok, i installed it, i selected nForce driver for 3/4/5, AMD system fix, ALC883, also forcedeth (for nForce LAN?) and "Video Graphics kext's" (if i'm not mistaken) and i didn't have any Netkas 9.2.0 Kernel, i had Vanilla though, but it's for Intel processors. When it finished installing, i tried to start osx, but kernel panic popped out and freezes there. here's a screenshot: http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08140/kernelpanic159.jpg

should i just select those 4 exactly you told me? and from osx try to fix/patch video, internet etc. drivers later?