GA-P35 Users: Bios Macro?

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am running a fully working 10.5.2 Kalyway install on GA-P35-DS3L, C2D 6750, with 4GB Ram. I have Vista on a seperate drive. To boot to a different OS I change the boot order in the BIOS.

Here is my question: Different BIOS settings are better depending on the OS. For instance, S3 sleep will not work in OSX, but is superior power saving mode and desirable in VISTA.

Is there any way, using a macro or booting from a flash drive or something, that I can automatically change the BIOS so to swtich from S1 to S3 when booting vista and from S3 to S1 when booting into OSX???

Much appreciated.

NO!!!

The bios is HARD Coded on the machine where a macro is software based!

SticMAN

Hello All,

I am running a fully working 10.5.2 Kalyway install on GA-P35-DS3L, C2D 6750, with 4GB Ram. I have Vista on a seperate drive. To boot to a different OS I change the boot order in the BIOS.

Here is my question: Different BIOS settings are better depending on the OS. For instance, S3 sleep will not work in OSX, but is superior power saving mode and desirable in VISTA.

Is there any way, using a macro or booting from a flash drive or something, that I can automatically change the BIOS so to swtich from S1 to S3 when booting vista and from S3 to S1 when booting into OSX???

Much appreciated.

Hello All,

Much appreciated.

As has already been stated no but you can setup different saved profiles in the BIOS itself then just go in and load the profile you want when booting a different OS.

Thanks for the replies. But check this out:

I was screwing around in the Bios - and S3 sleep works now for osx! The machine completely powers down, board and fans are all off. I have to hit the power button to wake it - but is comes up maybe 7 seconds and everything works!!

Is anyone else using S3 sleep in 10.5.2.?

I use XP SP3 and OSX Leo 10.5.2 and with XP (S3 in bios) sleep is woking as mentioned above (cooler don't turn around anymore, deep sleep), OSX doesn't wake up anymore (have to press the powerbutton to turn the machine on again and it just reboots).

maybe another mach_kernel ?