HFS+ Partition error

10 posts in this topic

I have installed Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway edition on a my second hard drive, whenever I try to boot from it, I always get the HFS+ Partition error. I've searched on the internet for a solution but none of them have worked so far, I've tried booting from the installation disk with F8 then -s and using the terminal to try to fix the problem but so far nothing has worked. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Have you tried this?

Boot your DVD into -s mode. When everything has finished, type the following. A new line indicates a new command.

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

update

write

quit

reboot

0 is your hard drive number.

1 is your OS X partition number.

Change these values accordingly.

Have you tried this?

Boot your DVD into -s mode. When everything has finished, type the following. A new line indicates a new command.

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

update

write

quit

reboot

0 is your hard drive number.

1 is your OS X partition number.

Change these values accordingly.

Do I do this in the terminal?

I have installed Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway edition on a my second hard drive, whenever I try to boot from it, I always get the HFS+ Partition error. I've searched on the internet for a solution but none of them have worked so far, I've tried booting from the installation disk with F8 then -s and using the terminal to try to fix the problem but so far nothing has worked. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Booting with grub like a Linux kernel instead of chainbooting like Windows fixed this for me.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry606752

Yeah, that is a good solution for this problem, but reinstalling seems here quite the start, but once installed on MBR, installing grub on disk root, helps you boot in any partition. Good luck

You use Hirent Boot CD's . Choose MBR seeting and rebiult MBR . After that yoy choose magicboot and choose your operating system you want is the main .

In Hiren Boot Cd, which program did you use to rebuild MBR? Thanks

I've tried everything, even installing on my primary hard drive which also didn't work, does anyone have any other solutions?

nkear5's sulotion should do the job, i encountered this issue also, and i used the -s mode (like nkear described above), but i use grub anyway, give it a try it would work