Bios settings for AMD running Hi there,

Ogats

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have researched the hell out of this and can't seem to find any answers...

I have a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with 3700 processor.

on lifehack.com I saw a picture tutorial that seemed to be of a lot of use, but when it comes to AMD bios tutorials, there non existent. (or ist this just me?...)

So far I get zephyroth running on the computer up till the gray apple screen, then it hangs with out any inkling of moving further. I noticed this post from awhile back:

Got GUID working using this method:

Remember: on a GUID install, Leopard is installed to partition 2, patition 1 is for the GUID. So, on a computer with one hardrive and one install, you want to use rdisk0s2.

1 - Insert the DVD.

2 - Press F8, then type "-s"

3- type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"

4 - type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

6 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

I hope that helps people getting the b0 or white cursor issues.

Specs=

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

When I put in the “-s” I get to a high resolution, dos looking screen, that does not let me get any further. ( I think ) I’ll post the end result of what the text says once I get home, but any help – answers would be great. It good to see such a strong forum community.icon6.gif

well having totally different hardwear can make my solution different from yours, I heard leo4all is the best bet if zeph's ver. does not work.

I'm getting it right now, so I'll let you know.

Here is what "someone" said:

today re-flash the bios to F12.

both Zephyroth and Leo4all can enter the grey screen.. but Zephyroth hang on the grey screen

and Leo4all can finish the installation.

turns out I had a problem with my latency USB drivers, I turned it off (the support for it) and it work!

Now the only problem is finding a harddrive it will reconginze, none of mine show, but then again the SATA one I'm going to use has a known problem,

here is the model:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB SATA 7200 RPM 32MB Buffer

Any help anyone? on newegg they say that:

There is a known incompatibility that is however easy to avoid - before you start using this drive on any recent NForce motherboard, disable NCQ (Native Command Queuing) in the Device Manager (expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers -> search through every "NVIDIA nForce */*/* Serial ATA Controller" and expand its properties until you find the one that has the Samsung drive in one of its "channel" tabs; disable the "Enable command queuing" checkmark for that channel, and then reboot. That's all.

turns out I had a problem with my latency USB drivers, I turned it off (the support for it) and it work!

Now the only problem is finding a harddrive it will reconginze, none of mine show, but then again the SATA one I'm going to use has a known problem,

here is the model:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB SATA 7200 RPM 32MB Buffer

Any help anyone? on newegg they say that:

I don't think your problem is your hard drive but more likely your sata controller, what board/chipset are you using.

good point,

the board is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Its chipset is: nForce4 SLI x16

- Northbridge: NVIDIA® nForce™ SPP 100

- Southbridge: NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI

The SATA controller is:

Silicon Image® 3132 SATA

Update:

When running the installer I was able to see the hard drive ( the samsung) in profile manager.

it came up with a MBR

This leads me to believe that I am doing something wrong with the bios still, or I can run somthing in terminal to get it to run...

Out on a limb here not sure what to do now at all haha... ;)

hey,i have the same mobo.

you must check your video card first.

iff you have nvidea ,its bether to do a install whitout the nvidea drivers. you can do it maybe later.

and be shore to disable usbcontroller 2.0 in the bios.

Zephyroth and Leo4all will work. butt dont use the vanilla kernels,it s a problem.

just darwin bootloader,and format your drive whit drivedisk first at the install. Use MBR.

when finished installing let it boot from it self,and when it comes up press f8. then type -v it will show all the lines,and iff some is wrong write is down somewhere. iff you get kernellpanic it s mostly nvidea so dont use it before you know what your doing. have fun !! kajou

thank you so much!

That seemed to fix it, now im onto the chore of getting the kext for the video card (7800 gt) , ac97 sound, and ethernet...

would you guys have any direct links to kexts for this board? I would really appreciate it