anoncrypt

2 posts in this topic

ok...

i have a dell 700m laptop which has:

855g onboard graphics

1gb ram

60gb hd

pentium m 1.7ghz

so i have installed 10.4.3 build 8f1111a and was very delighted to see it on my computer. however what i didnt like was that you had to screw around with the settings to get wireless working. but what i didnt like the most was that with my graphics controller i cant enable Quartz in this version of osx.

I have read around the forums and noticed that 10.4.1 really did work with quartz extreme with my graphics card and that wireless was much less of a hassle. so i decided to download the vmware version... in other words, the deadmoo image.

so i installed 10.4.1 by dd'ing to my partition (type = af) with the skip of the boot sector. now when the computer restarts and i decide that i want to go into tiger it goes in... or so it seems. it goes into the gray screen with the little flower and it seems to be loading all fine. however after a bit it just freezes. i have tried using -v to see where it is that it hangs, but whenever i use it shows all the files that are loading and at the point where it hangs instead of being able to see teh file i only have a black screen, so i cant see the reason why it hangs.

so that is pretty much it. any help or suggestions?

i want to be able to have quartz enabled on my card, and want to know if by any chance there might have been a new patch for 10.4.3 where it lets you enable it on a 855 graphics card. or is there any other version that lets you use this, like 10.4.4 or 10.4.5 ?

all your help is GREATLY appreciated :happymac: