Need some help before installing Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

Cpt.Mac

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm very new to this and I need some help before I want to install Kalyway and I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Can I run all programs like MSN messenger, Office, etc. (do the files need to be mac programs?)

Will everything I have on my harddrive (pictures, documents, movies, etc) get erased if I install Kalyway?

Should I install it eventhough I'm not very experienced whit hacking?

My laptop is a HP from 2006, will the Kalyway 10.5.1 run on it?

After installing, could I switch back to the normal XP operatingsystem?

Can I Install mac programs whit kalyway? (such as iLife 08)

Is it really worth the effort even when my desktop look like the OS X Tiger? (Is just an applyed theme by FlyaKiteOSX, doesn't have the effects that the real Tiger has)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=24758

Thanks in beforehand :rolleyes:

post-208639-1207073174_thumb.jpg

If you don't know what you are doing, chanes are, you'll lose everything on your hard drive. It is possible to keep your copy of XP, and dual boot. Look around, there are guides on the site

As for your programs, no, Messenger and Office will not work. They are for Windows. You can get OS X versions however

Personally, I wouldn't suggest you install it, unless this isn't your main system and you have everything backed up

Thanks m8!

No it's not my main computer, I wanted to install it on my laptop. How good does it work?

The only reason I want to have OS X is so I can use mac programs. Cant get that whit XP :/

Do you need an intel core processor to install kalyway?

Thanks for your reply