Skulltrail D5400XS and Mac OS X

28 posts in this topic

Is anyone lucky runnig 10.6 on a skulltrail mobo? I will soon give it a try and information I´ve been giving is you can use the flashGX cdboot iso and install from a USB stick,after you have restored SnowLoepard to the USB stick you must remove the IOATAFamily.kext from it, otherwise kernel panic.

Don´t forget to add EFI strings and graphic mode to your bootCD. Will report back how things going soon.

By the way, from my pictures above I have now removed the fan on the NB cooler and the fan over the RAM´s. No need to have them. THe PC-X2000 chassi is so huge and lots of air going through.

Guest cavallo
You do know that skulltrail isn't limited to just 1 certain cpu it can use right? And mobos that are the same as the 5400 are getting cheaper. If it's cheaper to buy a used dual quad core mac pro, then we really wouldn't be here.

I know well but mac pro is cheaper that's matter we have done in italy all possible simulations no way new std early 2008 mac pro in few cases is also cheaper if you buy used cpu believe me. in that class of machine there is no way.

In any case you buy other than e5462 and other 2gb fb800 ecc ram it's not correct.

Exact same hardware you can compare other is a joke.