Dell Latitude D600

MouseR

6 posts in this topic

Ok so I've tried using the Leo4All iso and just tried using the KALYWAY iso and both don't seem to do what they're supposed to do. I've burned both to DVD and none of them will boot correctly.

Now I've burned both ISOs with MagicISO and Nero 6 and they seem to burn fine. I've even tried to burn them at their lowest possible burn speeds. They read fine on my Core Duo 2 PC and my brothers Dell Optaplex 320, it just won't fly on my Dell Latitude D600.

I've updated the BIOS to A16 thinking that might fix it, no go. I've tried so many different things. It's a Pentium M @ 1.6GHz with 512MB of Ram, and an ATi 9000 Mobile. The DVD drives runs fine without any kind of problem with other DVDs such as movies or other burned media. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Can anyone assist me with my problem? The farthest I've gotten to is where it loads all the kexts and then it stops and does nothing...I don't even get a chance to get to the install menu. The DVD shows up properly within explorer in Windows XP Pro

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced for replying.

I got the same laptop except with no screen. In the HCL it tells you breifly what you need to do to put it on there. Here's the link. Thats for the 10.5.1. The 10.5.2 should be the same. Here's the other link.

By the way, did you set the boot order for the DVD drive first then the HDD? :lol:

Yeah I have the bios setup to boot from the DVD drive before the HDD. I tried it again and after like 10mins of loading "Darwin/X86" it just goes to a white screen asking me to restart.

You'll have to excuse me but how do I go about formating the drive with MS-DOS. I haven't touched DOS in a long time. Windows XP Pro is installed on the HD and I just want to install OSX primarily on the HD

• 1 year later...
Ok so I've tried using the Leo4All iso and just tried using the KALYWAY iso and both don't seem to do what they're supposed to do. I've burned both to DVD and none of them will boot correctly.

Now I've burned both ISOs with MagicISO and Nero 6 and they seem to burn fine. I've even tried to burn them at their lowest possible burn speeds. They read fine on my Core Duo 2 PC and my brothers Dell Optaplex 320, it just won't fly on my Dell Latitude D600.

I've updated the BIOS to A16 thinking that might fix it, no go. I've tried so many different things. It's a Pentium M @ 1.6GHz with 512MB of Ram, and an ATi 9000 Mobile. The DVD drives runs fine without any kind of problem with other DVDs such as movies or other burned media. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Can anyone assist me with my problem? The farthest I've gotten to is where it loads all the kexts and then it stops and does nothing...I don't even get a chance to get to the install menu. The DVD shows up properly within explorer in Windows XP Pro

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced for replying.

i'v juste installed iatkos v5i in my d600 and it's working fine the only thing that dosn't work is the ethernt so there is the configuratin that i'v used :

pc-effi

apple decrypte

apple smbios-28

voodoo kernel

apic driver

disabler

remove thermal kext

graphics-update

natit

intel sata

intel ahci sata

intel speed b