"Select your keyboard" loop [SOLVED]

Peroz

6 posts in this topic

Hi all! :(

I can't go on with the installation: when I have to select the keyboard layout and I press continue nothing happens, just a loop back to wellcome video. Can you help me?

I have Kalyway 10.5.1

The keyboard works: I can use it perfectly with the terminal app in the boot cd

I have done 5 installations without success...

Amilo Pro v3505

SCSI HD

Thanx!

He forgot to mention that you need to enter the boot option -s when you boot from the hard drive, that will take you into safe mode text only mode. I had this same problem on my AMD 64 hackintosh. It was due to my network card not working. This will get you past the intro so that you can get network drivers installed.

Hi all! :wacko:

I can't go on with the installation: when I have to select the keyboard layout and I press continue nothing happens, just a loop back to wellcome video. Can you help me?

I have Kalyway 10.5.1

The keyboard works: I can use it perfectly with the terminal app in the boot cd

I have done 5 installations without success...

Amilo Pro v3505

SCSI HD

Thanx!

the next screen after the keyboard setup screen is the network setup screen.

if the previous method does not work for you, which it should....

you can also, after you install from dvd. boot from your HD. hit F8 till you get to the darwin prompt and enter the following boot flags exactly as you see it below...

-x -v "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

setup assistant is bypassed at this resolution... when it boots into the desktop, goto system preferences, accounts and set your admin password, reboot and then go work on your ethernet problem

GL :huh: