"error"

thasp

6 posts in this topic

I am not trying to be a wiseass - honest.

I tried installing OSX86. I turned off all the nonsense in my BIOS I did not intend to use for OSX. I turned off firewire, LAN, jmicron shizzle, sound. I set it to S3, I disabled all the speedstep/c1e nonsense, I set sata to achi.

I have an Asus P5K deluxe wifi. I have the board down to bare bones. Just a keyboard, a mouse, a CPU, one stick of memory, an evga 7800gt graphics card, the sata dvd burner, and the one hard drive I was using to install OSX on.

I wish I could say it gave me more. A code, a number, something to go on, but all it says is "error" in the upper left corner. I can reboot and it does the same.

Since it has its own HD I made one big partition for the OS and installed to the MBR.

Is there anything I can try out, is it possible the DVD image I had for installation was bunk, or does this just not like the p5k, a q6600, and an evga 7800gt?

Thanks.

Alright. I enabled execute disable, it was disabled before.; Now it wouldn't say error but rather would boot into a black screen, no text or graphics, then reboot. I tried going back to disabling it and it did the same thing, no "error" this time.

Hosed!

I tried 10.4 kalyway and on the install it got stuck at "still waiting for root device", even wth sata as ahci, and all the jmicron {censored} disabled.

I tried another 10.5.1 kalyway DVD. It installed, I set it to install to MBR, made a partition that took up an entire drive. I started the install while in the shower and when I came back it had rebooted back to the DVD, I tried to boot into it, and it'd say insert proper boot media(not verbatim).

Just tried iatkos. Installed with EFI, and it would reboot with a blank screen. the caps lock and numlock keys were still working. ctrl-alt-delete worked nearly instantly, maybe a half a second delay to reboot, but nothing loaded, I gave it five minutes.

I tried no EFI emulation as well. I tried MBR and the other one that starts with a G. so 4 bad installs of iatkos.

I tried execute disabled bit on and off, as well as enabling and disabling apic in acpi or acpi in apic in the bios. I had it set to S3.

then I went back to kalyway 10.5.1 but with a different CD image and got the same thing.. "error"

;)

Then I thought maybe iatkos didn't want to show itself since it's hooked to an hdtv, even though xp, linux, and my bios have no problem with it. So I decided to reinstall iatkos and hook it up to a monitor but it wouldn't boot up for install. at this point I gave up for the night, since that was two and a half hours down the drain.