New to water Cooling

2 posts in this topic

Well i would like to jump into the water cooling world, I would like to know what is a good "starter kit" i was looking at this one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=1057

I am confused about something on it though, does the fan and i guess the pump stay on the out side of the computer? or where inside does it go? How often do you need to replace the fluid and how do you know when you need to?

Thank you!

Well i would like to jump into the water cooling world, I would like to know what is a good "starter kit" i was looking at this one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=1057

I am confused about something on it though, does the fan and i guess the pump stay on the out side of the computer? or where inside does it go? How often do you need to replace the fluid and how do you know when you need to?

Thank you!

Heya Bro,

It is noce to see more people gettinginto water cooling.

I have been a big fan of Koolance stuff for a few years now mainly because they offer external solutions which for me is a better way to go since i move my systems around from time to time.

I have 2 of these units and have built 2 others for other people.

Koolance Exos2

They have more expensive units as well, and they offer all of the water blocks and accessories you will need at the Koolance website.

Water cooling is not complicated but you really need to evaluate what you are trying to accomplish with water cooling before you buy your components.

For example, if you are water cooling so that you can overclock your system, then you really want to water cool more than just the processor.

My current favorite system (#2 in my signature) is overclocked to 4.05 GHz (stock is 3.0 GHz) thats more than a 1GHz overclock.

Anyway, I have the CPU, GPU, North Bridge and South Bridge water cooled.

This Koolance Exos 2 has been on 3 different builds with me now and is still perfect and I have NEVER EVER had a leak on any of the systems I have built.

I would say for a beginner, you should get an Exos2, get a good Koolance CPU water block and also get a good Koolance GPU water block to go with your Exos2 kit and you will have a great starter set to mess around with.

You can always add NB and SB blocks later and even water cool your memory as well as get a water cooled power supply.

Then if you get really extreme you can run multiple "loops" in your system with different pumps and radiators to kool each part separately which is how the hard core water cooled guys do it.

Me I go for efficiency, silence and ease of use which is why Koolance has been all I have needed so far.

Check out the Koolance website and see what you think.

Koolance.com