Been trying for days to get this to work, please help :(

mindfuse

7 posts in this topic

Hi. After trying a handful of leo dvd's, I finally got Leopard installed onto my PC with the latest zephyroth cd. It installed very nicely!

However, I have no sound or internet...two things that are must haves for me. I'm not sure what I should do to make them work.

This is my motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

My sound is on-board I believe...and as for my lan, I use linux, and it uses the forcedeth driver. I told the installation to include forcedeth, but no luck in it working.

Do I maybe need to add some drivers? If so can you direct me to them? Any help would be extremely appreciated.

So i got the net working :DI ran the lspci (I think?) command, and got the id I needed for my network card. I put it into the Plist file in the forcedeth-nockd and it worked right off!Now, just sound.Would I need to do something similar? How would I find the ID for my soundcard? I'm not sure what driver I should use either.

Btw, linux says my sound is "mcp51 high definition audio"

Please help :) I'm so close..Thanks!

You've got Soundmax AD1986A from Analog Devices

You can try with

1. Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher with codec dump if available.

If that does not work,

2. AppleAzaliaAudio should work for that chipset

Thanks a lot :)

Can you tell me where I can get AppleAzaliaAudio ? I have no clue where to get it.

You already have it...Just go to:

/System/Library/Extensions/

If it is there and you have no sound,maybe you need to add your ID device and vendor on the info.plist