write ISO to HD...

vibrancy

5 posts in this topic

how can I extract ALL data from the iso's to my HD? I have used winimage/magiciso and a few others as well as mounted the image with alcohol 120% but when i try to copy all the files to my HD it only copies the basic files which comes out to like 129kb so obviously the main data part of the image is not getting extracted... what I am wanting to do is extract the ISO to my spare HD so I can use it to boot from instead of having to burn to DVD's, I keep getting bad burns and have ran out of DVD's - and for general testing it would be a lot more efficient to just run them off the HD instead... I have 2 blank IDE HD's that I would be using, one set as primary to install to, and second one to run the installer, I can select which HD has boot priority, so I can have the slave actually boot without it needing to be set as master... anywho i know this can be done, but for some reason all the ISO extractors I have tried are only getting the basic files on these images, any help would be greatly appreciated!

*bump*

Nobody knows? I have been searching all over the place and I finally got isobuster to read the entire disk but I can't extract it, it always says "can't read from source disk" but this is from EVERY iso I have downloaded pertaining to OSX - all my other ISO's extract just fine, any help, please?