No Keyboard or Touchpad

HackBook Pro

15 posts in this topic

I installed Leo4All v2 (10.5.2) with Vanilla kernel 9.22. When OS X loads my Laptop's keyboard and touchpad do not work. I've tried the solutions posted here and none worked. I boot OS X using PC_EFI v8. Any ideas as to why my keyboard/toucpad do not work?

Thanks.

*bump*

I see these two lines while OS X is booting.

Can't determine dependencies for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub
Couldn't alloc class ACPIPS2Nub

I am using the ACPIPS2Nub and AppleAP2Controller kext files from the Leo4All v2 install.

• 2 weeks later...
*bump*

I see these two lines while OS X is booting.

Can't determine dependencies for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub
Couldn't alloc class ACPIPS2Nub

I am using the ACPIPS2Nub and AppleAP2Controller kext files from the Leo4All v2 install.

I'm having the same problem! (same message in during boot ...) Keyboard only works if I boot in safe mode. USB keyboards do work, too. I'm using a notebook, so using a USB keyboard isn't a solution for me.

I did try the file from Ajal Gujal - had to replace the original file in /Extensions . Had no effect.

Can anyone help?

I got both my laptop keyboard and touchpad working. After searching the forums, and downloading different files, I found extensions that work. Attached is a zip file containing ACPIPS2Nub.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and ApplePS2Controller.kext. Copy these 3 extensions into /System/Library/Extensions (making sure to back up the ones there already).

Note: I am using these extensions on my Leo4All v2 install (w/ vanilla kernel).

Please tell me if these work for you. Thanks.

PS2Controller.zip

I've had this same problem. On booting the install dvd I noticed that the only difference in the boot messages was that org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.kext wasn't loaded.... so to that end, I deleted:ACPIPS2Nub.kextandAppleACPIPS2Nub.kextrebooted using -f to rebuild the Extensions cache and got my keyboard and mouse back.I've had this same problem. On booting the install dvd I noticed that the only difference in the boot messages was that org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.kext wasn't loaded.... so to that end, I deleted:ACPIPS2Nub.kextandAppleACPIPS2Nub.kextrebooted using -f to rebuild the Extensions cache and got my keyboard and mouse back.

I've had this same problem. On booting the install dvd I noticed that the only difference in the boot messages was that org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.kext wasn't loaded.... so to that end, I deleted: ACPIPS2Nub.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, rebooted using -f to rebuild the Extensions cache and got my keyboard and mouse back.

That might work, but usually if a file fails to load you should figure out why, and not just delete it. So, to people who are having this problem, I suggest trying the extensions that I posted before trying to delete extensions.

From my past linux experience I'd say that all three of the kexts, as they load and work like kernel modules in linux, are clobbering eachother. Deleting 2 of the 3 allows the ApplePS2Controller kext to load and work. That's why it works. I'm not spouting {censored} just to bork peeps installations.From my past linux experience I'd say that all three of the kexts, as they load and work like kernel modules in linux, are clobbering each other. Deleting 2 of the 3 allows the ApplePS2Controller kext to load and work. That's why it works. I'm not spouting {censored} just to bork peeps installations.

From my past linux experience I'd say that all three of the kexts, as they load and work like kernel modules in linux, are clobbering each other. Deleting 2 of the 3 allows the ApplePS2Controller kext to load and work. That's why it works. I'm not spouting {censored} just to bork peeps installations.

I didn't say you were wrong, I am just not comfortable deleting files that I don't know what they do. But, OK, you're right I guess :(

Hello Site Owner,

I installed the files you provided and voilà: it works!!!

Thank you very much, keyboard works and so I could finally fix my sound, too.

Bye!!

You're welcome, glad I could help. Kokiri's method should work too, if people want to try that.

You have nearly the exact same laptop I do.

1.) does your finger scroll work?

2.) If you buy a dell truewireless 1390 it will work pretty well

Are you talking to me? If you are, no, I cannot scroll with my touchpad.

P.S. This is not the place to talk about wireless, but Dell 1390 True Wireless cards work in 10.5.2?

Yeah, I was I have a Toshiba A105-S4134. I think the only difference between out machines is that mine is a 1.83ghz CD CPU.

Thats Cool, I was just curious, because mine doesnt scroll either.

I realized it wasnt the place but just though i'd throw it out there since we have nearly identical machines. Yeah it worked for me, after I swapped the Mini PCI-E cards, it just showed up in the airport utility. It works fairly well.