Not booting without Kalyway DVD..

yamcha

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm really upset about this, my Mac drive got files damaged, so I was forced to reformat, lost all the progs I had, I had just started "Settling Down", anyway now with the new Motherboard BIOS update it gives an error "B0 Error" after installation of KalywayDVD 10.5.1, anyone know how to fix this? I would go back to the previous F4 Bios but this one is much more stable..

Hope you guys can help, the search isn't working for me otherwise I'd use it.., anyway I would really appriciate your help if you have the same motherboard, or experienced a similar problem.

Thanks!

EDIT

Appreciate everyones help, the final issue is it doesn't seem to be booting without the kalyway dvd, I was previously able to boot without it, if anyone knows how to fix please lmk! thanks

Hi guys,

I'm really upset about this, my Mac drive got files damaged, so I was forced to reformat, lost all the progs I had, I had just started "Settling Down", anyway now with the new Motherboard BIOS update it gives an error "B0 Error" after installation of KalywayDVD 10.5.1, anyone know how to fix this? I would go back to the previous F4 Bios but this one is much more stable..

Hope you guys can help, the search isn't working for me otherwise I'd use it.., anyway I would really appriciate your help if you have the same motherboard, or experienced a similar problem.

Thanks!

Haven't a clue about the BIOS issue but for your search problem use google plus put site:insanelymac.com on the end of your search terms.

Haven't a clue about the BIOS issue but for your search problem use google plus put site:insanelymac.com on the end of your search terms.

We've got pretty same Board, i am using Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (ICH9R) .

And the BIOS i am using is F4. Stable,really.

Don't dot update to a newest one.

Thanks for responses guys really appreciate it, Unfortunately theres a new symptom that arises now, I even tried using F4 Bios, but same issue!! heres what happens, after installing leopard and once the darwin boot counts off and its about to get into apple logo it just shuts off before the logo even shows up, I've tried using MBR boot and the other one, MBR=Shut Down, Other one gives an error "B0 Error".

I'm going to try messing around with Bios Settings to make sure nothing changed.. if I find a solution I will post it :(

Thanks for responses guys really appreciate it, Unfortunately theres a new symptom that arises now, I even tried using F4 Bios, but same issue!! heres what happens, after installing leopard and once the darwin boot counts off and its about to get into apple logo it just shuts off before the logo even shows up, I've tried using MBR boot and the other one, MBR=Shut Down, Other one gives an error "B0 Error".

I'm going to try messing around with Bios Settings to make sure nothing changed.. if I find a solution I will post it :(

I take it when doing these BIOS updates after you have done them shut down the machine and take the CMOS battery out while using the clear CMOS jumper if any then put everything back in normal positions go into BIOS load the failsafe defaults save and exit then make your changes on the next boot this is really the safest way of doing it. One other thing when booting hitting the F8 key I believe will give you the EFI bootloader once there hit any key to get to the prompt and type in then enter key -v this will boot in verbose mode so you can see where it fails during the boot.

Edit: Sometimes the failsafe option is called optimized or something similar.

I take it when doing these BIOS updates after you have done them shut down the machine and take the CMOS battery out while using the clear CMOS jumper if any then put everything back in normal positions go into BIOS load the failsafe defaults save and exit then make your changes on the next boot this is really the safest way of doing it. One other thing when booting hitting the F8 key I believe will give you the EFI bootloader once there hit any key to get to the prompt and type in then enter key -v this will boot in verbose mode so you can see where it fails during the boot.

Thanks I will try that, I actually haven't, mainly because I have to mess with the overclock settings again but if it fixes it then its worth it, honestly, I can't stand using XP anymore rofl, I've grown to love OSX at least for everything except gaming..

Awesome thanks working, except it can't boot without cd.. anyone know of a solution?? do I have to do update kernal or anything like that?

Awesome thanks working, except it can't boot without cd.. anyone know of a solution?? do I have to do update kernal or anything like that?

If I where you I would try reinstalling efi manually, I'm guessing your disk is formatted guid.

If I where you I would try reinstalling efi manually, I'm guessing your disk is formatted guid.

Ohh ok, if anyone can provide instructions that would be great, i haven't done anything like that before, in the meantime I will see what google has to offer..

Thanks for your response and time :angel:.

1. Insert your Kaly DVD

2. Restart and boot from DVD

3. Press F8 to select how to boot

4. Boot with -s (Single User Mode)

5. at prompt type "cd /usr/standalone/i386" then press "Enter"

6. At prompt type "./startupfiletools -v /dev/rdiskXsX boot" where X is your HDD number and OSX partition number like my drive is on master and osx on 3rd partition ==> rdisk0s3

7 Press "Enter" and wait for a minute.

8. After you got message reply "about 3-4 lines" I can't remember then you are OK then reboot and enjoy.

I found those instructions but they don't work with my dvd, says no such directory when i get to the cd/usr part.. Is there anyone who can help me out, I haven't found anything else yet, and with the search dead its difficult, I've tried google but only found a couple matches that are regarding this. I really need to get osx to boot without using dvd..

I appreciate your time and effort :D.

EDIT:

During installation I formatted to Mac OS Extended, also chose MBR boot, shouldn't it work?

anyone know!!?, i went through some older threads, a lot of people say look at the blinking cursor threads, but I have and they aren't relevant in my case because I have formated Mac OS Extended (MBR Right?) and I've also chosen MBR Boot..

Sigh, I formated and did everything again, same situation, if anyone knows a solution please post :P, I have been searching hard but no luck, at least nothing that has worked for me as of yet.

During installation I formatted HSF (Mac OS Extended), and chose MBR Boot.