HP Pavilion dv6000, should I even try?

jawnsixteen

2 posts in this topic

Hey whats up, I own a HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and I was wondering about how compatible it was with leopard. I've looked around, but have yet to find someone with the same exact computer as me. Also, I was also worried about the wireless network issues that i've been reading about with other hp laptops.

I already have tiger 10.4.9 dual booting with vista, even that helps anything.

So here are my specs:

Display adapters: Mirage Driver and Mobile intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Disk Drives - FUJITSU MHV2120BH PL ATA Device

Network adapters - Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN and Intel® Pro/100 VE Network Connection

Processors - x2 Genuine Intel CPU T2060 @ 1.60 GHz

I'm not sure what other information you guys would need, any advice would be appreciated

Don't get discouraged. I looked on here for like 3 months trying to get Leopard installed on my dv6500. I don't have the same setup as you, actually I did but sold the dv6000 (Intel) I had to a friend and bought my dv6500 AMD. I found myself in the oposite situation, I saw a lot of people running Leopard on dv6xxx intel based. My specs are in my sig, but I would say go for it. Maybe you can try to load in in VMware workstation first. Or use an external HD. I can't get my install to see my internal SATA or audio card, but other than that I have it on an ext. usb hd and it is awesome, I find myself using it more than vista. Hope that helps.

-Slevin