Cheap Graphic Card w/2x DVI or DVI&HDMI

Dr. C

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I`m looking to get a replacement for my onboard GMA950, as I am tired of the problems with it in Leopard :( The new card should have 2 working DVI outputs (or DVI and HDMI - as long as it works, I don`t mind), passive cooling, trouble-free installation and it should be really cheap (I don`t care about performance). Can anyone help me out and give me a hint?

Thanks,

Dr. C

I am using a passively cooled MSI 7600GT with 2 DVI ports. It's called MSI NX7600GT-T2D256EZ and I got it on eBay for 35 EUR incl. shipping.

Dr. Jibe, thanks for your tip! Sounds promising. Do you have tested that both DVI outputs are working 100%?

How cheap is cheap?

nkear5, I would say the price on eBay should be less than 100$ / 75€.

Thanks

Dr C

Dr. Jibe, thanks for your tip! Sounds promising. Do you have tested that both DVI outputs are working 100%?

No, currently I only run one 20" wide - tonight I can try to connect another 20" to the other port and see what it does. I will keep you posted.

regards,

jibe

sorry that it took a day longer than planned. I just hooked up another 20" widescreen and no problems whatsoever.

picture1yo6.png

And in System Profiler it looks like this.

picture2ie7.png

Sorry, now I have to re-connect the 2nd screen again to my wife's iMac other I will feel physical pain :-)

hope this helps!

jibe