OSX leopard on Ibook G4

knobi

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,I downloaded the leopard_SL_DVD.iso (4.4 GB) and I tried to boot from it on my ibook G4 1.33 Ghz, 1.25GB RAM but it just wont boot and it goes back into my tiger HD.My question is, how can I make it bootable in order for me to install on my ibook?Please help?I can use the disk utility on my macbook as my ibook does not have superdrive only combo drive.Thanksanyone please?anyone please?13 views but no response?anyone?

Hi guys,I downloaded the leopard_SL_DVD.iso (4.4 GB) and I tried to boot from it on my ibook G4 1.33 Ghz, 1.25GB RAM but it just wont boot and it goes back into my tiger HD.My question is, how can I make it bootable in order for me to install on my ibook?Please help?I can use the disk utility on my macbook as my ibook does not have superdrive only combo drive.Thanksanyone please?anyone please?13 views but no response?anyone?

The reason why its a single lay is the person who compiled it probably took out all the PowerPC code.

Only fix would be to buy leopard

If that didnt work then it may have not burnt right

Did you use disk utility at the lowest burn speed?

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it. I burn it at 4x and now I am doing it at 2.4x to make sure that's not the case

I also tried this method eventhough I didnt remove any files as suggested on this website linked below

http://www.canhesaythat.com/?p=75

When i extract the iso files on my macbook, these are the files that i see:

(1) etc

(2) install mac os x

(3) instructions

(4) optional installs

(5) tmp

(6) var

I click on install mac os x on my ibook and it says restart to install.

I did that but when it tries to boot from CD, i get the folder with the finder face and a question mark before it boots back into tiger