Using stock AppleSMBIOS

iPhoneTom

9 posts in this topic

cool! if possible, maybe you can co-ordinate with netkas ( netkas.org ) or macdotnub ( http://my.macdotnub.info/ )photoshop cs3 always tends to give grief.
k, thank you! will try ps cs3 asap.
CS3 works with stock SMBIOS.
indeed... it sould at least ;)but the thing is, even on using the stock smbios there _can_ be some app that will try to get information from smbios/dmi directly, that can cause probs i think.

If you've got a mobo with an AMIBIOS then you can use the DMI editor that comes with "AMI Tools 8" to edit some of the values that AppleSMBIOS.kext is looking for. I have used this method myself. My hack even shows up as a Mac Pro in Windows now.

The "AMI Tools 8" aren't freely available but if you hunt around you can find them.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

Sorry for post in an old topic.

I have an Abit AB9 Pro, vanilla smbios + smbiosenabler, but this crash "about this mac", and system profiler not show all informations.

Hacked smbios works fine but this isn't the best solution.

I'm editing DMI data and now System Profiler Show some informations, but "about this mac" crash system yet (restarts the interface of the system and finder restart).

who edited the DMI remember which fields are needed to edit?

• 11 months later...
If you've got a mobo with an AMIBIOS then you can use the DMI editor that comes with "AMI Tools 8" to edit some of the values that AppleSMBIOS.kext is looking for. I have used this method myself. My hack even shows up as a Mac Pro in Windows now.

The "AMI Tools 8" aren't freely available but if you hunt around you can find them.

And where is the model (MacPro3,1) in Windows? I find neither GA-945GCM-S2L nor Slicker1,1 in Windows... (GA... is the board model, and Slicker1,1 is system model).