Blue Screen of death.....

dj43

7 posts in this topic

:P

Ok first of all I'm fairly new at this.

I have been able get through the install part. (does not work all the time)

but after install or even trying to get into the installation menu it freezes on a blue screen.

I was hoping that some one else has run into this problem before and has a way to fix it.

I have an acer aspire 3610 with 1gig of ram.

I install 10.5 before on this computer so I know it should work.

thanks in advance for the help.

:(

Ok first of all I'm fairly new at this.

I have been able get through the install part. (does not work all the time)

but after install or even trying to get into the installation menu it freezes on a blue screen.

I was hoping that some one else has run into this problem before and has a way to fix it.

I have an acer aspire 3610 with 1gig of ram.

I install 10.5 before on this computer so I know it should work.

thanks in advance for the help.

what happens if you boot with -x

What is your system spec, this is a common problem with intel GMA 900sI just did a quick search, and it turns out that you do indeed have an intel GMA 900To install, you will have to find a paperclip (I found some solder was better as it is easier to bend) and connect pins 1 and 6 together, and 2 and 12 together, and it looks like this:Oops, picture didnt work last time

pins.tiff

What is your system spec, this is a common problem with intel GMA 900sI just did a quick search, and it turns out that you do indeed have an intel GMA 900To install, you will have to find a paperclip (I found some solder was better as it is easier to bend) and connect pins 1 and 6 together, and 2 and 12 together, and it looks like this:Oops, picture didnt work last time

Thanks Joe-92 it seem to be doing the trick, only one question do I leave the paperclips in for good?

I was hoping you might also know what video drive would be compatible with GMA 900.

By the way thanks alot I was about to give up.

No worries at all (This is Joe-92, it was only a temporary account). No, the paperclip is unfortunately permanent, but the driver you should either find on your install disc, in somewhere like /system/library/packages if memory serves me right, and use the gma900.fixer.pkg if you have it. If not, sent me a PM and ill try and email it to you

I was installing leopard leo4allv2 10.5.2 to my ASUS Z33A, I had the same blue screen probem, it uses the same Intel video chip. I have to press "Fn F8" keys on my Z33 to disable the external VGA monitor to boot up properly. If I leave a monitor on the external VGA port , it is ok too.

So during the install and after the install and everytime I boot up, I need to do that, otherwise, I get the blue screen.

I got this information from the seach in the Internet for "z33a blue screen osx86" somewhere I forgot now.

z33a leopard leo4allv2 10.5.2

no wireless

no sound