Installing in XPS M1530

Claudio A.

4 posts in this topic

First of all, please if this is not the correct place to post my question, just tell me. (this is my first post :unsure:).

I've been reading a lot of posts in this forum and in others too.

I just want to ask all the people who successfully installed Leopard in the XPS 1530 the description of the procedure, i do not want the entire description, just three things:

• the distribution (Kalyway, Iatkos),
  • the packages that where modified (I do not remember how the packages or drivers where called, kext?)
  • modifications to the bios

I read this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start=, but i couldn't use it to make the installation.

I'll appreciate a lot any answer.

You better ask this on that thread, so other M1530 users could see your message.

There are guides for installing iATKOS and Kalyway in the Tutorials forum.

Thanks a lot for your answer mac girl, I think that i'm going to post the same message in that thread :P

One question, both distribution (iatoks and kaliway) implements the same functionality? which are the difference between this 2 distributions?

thanks a lot, as you see I'm a total newbie.

I don't really know, I didn't use any of those, I used a different method that involves som patching to the original DVD, BrazilMAC method, one of the first for leopard.