Zephyroth' Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2 plist file error

brycedemise

3 posts in this topic

Alright, I downloaded the iso and burned it to dvd and threw it into my dvd drive on my DV9000 series laptop and it booted right up in to the gui installer. When looking through it and trying to install it it didnt find the place I wanted to install it due to sabayon linux being installed there. So I quit the installer and went into a livelinux cd and repartitioned my drive so I could install osx onto it. After doing this I exited and put the zephroth dvd back in and booted up but now it it gives me a cannot find " '/library/preferences/systemconfig/com.apple.boot.plist" error. I've tried the -f, -v, etc commands and it just gives me the same error.

Is this file cached somewhere in one of my partitions? It worked perfectly fine the initial time I put it in and booted up I don't understand why it wont do it now. I still have the linux installed with the grub 1.5 bootloader, I would get rid of it if I could but if i do I don't know how to boot up xp so I've just kept it. Does this have something to do with it? I'm not a super computer genius but I consider myself a very compitant with computers so this is really annoying me to no avail. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bryce

Here's my specs.

HP DV9009nr

AMD Turion x2 TL-52

2gb ram

2x fujitsu 80gb harddrives

broadcom wireless

geforce go6150 integrated graphics

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having the same problem, except I was never able to boot into zephyroth. If you have a 64 bit Amd proccessor, that may be why, because i have seen many people with AMD 64 processors get this plist file error, and yet when we look into the file, we find the plist. I have found a 64 bit version of an zephyroth-like thing on the newsgroups, except the user forgot to post two files :( . How did you get to boot into the DVD in the first place??

• 1 year later...
Alright, I downloaded the iso and burned it to dvd and threw it into my dvd drive on my DV9000 series laptop and it booted right up in to the gui installer. When looking through it and trying to install it it didnt find the place I wanted to install it due to sabayon linux being installed there. So I quit the installer and went into a livelinux cd and repartitioned my drive so I could install osx onto it. After doing this I exited and put the zephroth dvd back in and booted up but now it it gives me a cannot find " '/library/preferences/systemconfig/com.apple.boot.plist" error. I've tried the -f, -v, etc commands and it just gives me the same error.

Is this file cached somewhere in one of my partitions? It worked perfectly fine the initial time I put it in and booted up I don't understand why it wont do it now. I still have the linux installed with the grub 1.5 bootloader, I would get rid of it if I could but if i do I don't know how to boot up xp so I've just kept it. Does this have something to do with it? I'm not a super computer genius but I consider myself a very compitant with computers so this is really annoying me to no avail. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bryce

Here's my specs.

HP DV9009nr

AMD Turion x2 TL-52

2gb ram

2x fujitsu 80gb harddrives

broadcom wireless

geforce go6150 integrated graphics