Waiting For Root Device After Installation?

plyrath

9 posts in this topic

Ok first time trying to install using leo4all it worked perfectly but I forgot to check off something in the customize thing and so i restarded, then trying to boot from cd it was waiting for root device? so I booted with -v and it booted from the cd, installed it and it was succesful, then after reboot it waited for root device again? I have a dell vostro 1000 with a sata hdd. So what do I do to boot without it waiting for root device?

Ok i need an sb600 driver. I downloaded one and I dont know where to put it, the names are "AppleOnboardPCATA.kext" the other is "IOATAFamily.kext" where do I put them, osx is aleady installed on one partition. Im on the other one. Oh and I have an app that lets me see the osx partition. But where do i put it?

Ok i need an sb600 driver. I downloaded one and I dont know where to put it, the names are "AppleOnboardPCATA.kext" the other is "IOATAFamily.kext" where do I put them, osx is aleady installed on one partition. Im on the other one. Oh and I have an app that lets me see the osx partition. But where do i put it?

Copy them over in the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello plyrath ...

I´m trying to install a leo4all 10.5.2 on my vostro 1000 but when I boot up using the dvd the instalation stops at "waiting for root device".

My vostro 1000 is equiped with a turion tl-50 (x2) and 2 gb of ram.

Did you do anything different in it´s configuration or did you use a different version of leo4all?

Right now i´m trying to install it using vmware ... let me see where I can get...

thanks ..

Gabriel