How to replace Loginwindow for Leopard ?

zhimama

7 posts in this topic

i just updated to Leopard. and Just one thing want to change that is : processor can not show my Q6700 correctly, only shows unknow.

i want to replace it using Loginwindow.app file. But, there is on install/no kext...only a .app file.

how can i replace this file ?

any idea to let leopard 10.52 shows my cpu correctly ?

please, help

edit the file /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings

at the line says "UnknownCPUKind" = "Unknown", change it to "UnknownCPUKind" = "Whatever"

Thanks, i changed that file, which u let me to do. But now, the processor shows " Whatever " in " what this Mac " , Still now shows the wright core of my CPU.

why ?

Thanks, i changed that file, which u let me to do. But now, the processor shows " Whatever " in " what this Mac " , Still now shows the wright core of my CPU.

why ?

;) He meant that you change Whatever to whatever you want the window to say :)

:) He meant that you change Whatever to whatever you want the window to say :)

I mean that i changed the "Unknown" to " Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6700" . ( From ur theory, it should now show a correct CPU. Right ? )

But the computer STILL SHOWS ME "Unknown"

why ?

No one knows ? i don't believe....

actually, i installed Leo4All v2.0 10.5.2. And restart/sleeping/shut down all works for me....doesn't like other dvds, which have restart/shut down issues.

But one one thing aobut this Leo4All v2.0 10.5.2 DVD which is shows me processor " Unknown " on the About this mac.

Quite annoying me....

Does someone has solution ?

:)

They already told you!!!

You must search these strings:

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "Q6700(your processor)";

or

"ABOUT_BOX_MULTIPLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "Q6700 (your processor)";

Search carefully and you will find it...

EDIT:/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/"English or your language".lproj.Open "AboutThisMac.strings"

This is the full path...